News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 Season highlights!!!

Started by Lady_Claira, September 08, 2009, 05:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Claira

Okay, so I know the season isn't over yet, but since I cannot go again and I know some of us probably only went once or twice, we've already had our highlights. And for everyone else, there are probably some things that have already happened that are good highlights that you can smile about now and still smile about them later! :D

For me personally, I loved that I'm starting to really get to know some of the actors there and some of the patrons who come on a regular basis. That really made me smile.

I also am so happy to have finally met Brother Robert... I know I met another RF member with him, which if I saw a pic I'd go "yup that's him" but I can't for the life of me remember the name, lol. But that was awesome!

Seeing Dextre Tripp perform yet again.

Making pirate garb for faire and getting to wear it quite happily!

What about you guys? What have you loved so far?
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Forest Guardians

I doubt I could possibly even fit all the wonderful highlites we had during this (our first) years' Faire.

Thank you all for such a wonderful event.....Next year, we're coming on Thursday so ya better open the gates early on Friday!!!  ;D

Sir. Kindle

I don't know where to start. I think the biggest highlight for my wife and me were the Drabbits. We found the shop within the first 15 minutes of being at the faire and we just had to have one. Not only were the people that worked at the booth very friendly, but seeing the surprise and enjoyment of all the children (and parents) who just had to touch our new pets, was more enjoyable than I can put into words.

I loved the Dextre Tripp show, as well as the Ded Bob show, but my favorite, by far, had to be the Hey Nunnie Nunnie show. Their timing was spot on and their jokes and songs were hilarious! I also really liked the Two Stooped Guys show and I just couldn't stop laughing when I saw the Splat! Pirate show (don't remember the full name).

Finally, I'm sorry we never found you, Forest Guardians or Brother Robert, but the faire grounds are huge! We kept getting lost trying to find the shows and we kept finding new areas every time we took a lap around the whole faire (or what we THOUGHT was the whole grounds, until we found the new areas). We didn't even find the mud pit, or the flushing privies until about an hour, or so before we had to leave on Monday. We kept an eye out for possible familiar faces, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be this time.

There are a few things that we could've lived without at the faire, but overall, we loved it and definitely plan on returning.

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Sir. Kindle on September 09, 2009, 04:59:10 PM
I don't know where to start. I think the biggest highlight for my wife and me were the Drabbits. We found the shop within the first 15 minutes of being at the faire and we just had to have one. Not only were the people that worked at the booth very friendly, but seeing the surprise and enjoyment of all the children (and parents) who just had to touch our new pets, was more enjoyable than I can put into words.

I loved the Dextre Tripp show, as well as the Ded Bob show, but my favorite, by far, had to be the Hey Nunnie Nunnie show. Their timing was spot on and their jokes and songs were hilarious! I also really liked the Two Stooped Guys show and I just couldn't stop laughing when I saw the Splat! Pirate show (don't remember the full name).

Finally, I'm sorry we never found you, Forest Guardians or Brother Robert, but the faire grounds are huge! We kept getting lost trying to find the shows and we kept finding new areas every time we took a lap around the whole faire (or what we THOUGHT was the whole grounds, until we found the new areas). We didn't even find the mud pit, or the flushing privies until about an hour, or so before we had to leave on Monday. We kept an eye out for possible familiar faces, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be this time.

There are a few things that we could've lived without at the faire, but overall, we loved it and definitely plan on returning.

This is why I think a designated meeting time/place is the best way to go. The grounds are big ( 65 acres? ) and it is VERY easy to get distracted by things. And if you haven't been there often, especially if its your first visit, odds are you will keep discovering new vendors/distractions as you go.   

I know a few people favor the pub sing as the meeting but the problem there is its just too crowded, and you can't actually talk when they are performing, and after it's over security quickly rounds people up and herds them out the door.

I think for next year we should shoot for meeting up at high noon at the Info booth or something, so we can plan!

Lady_Claira

Yes Brother Robert, next year we should have a set meeting place. That would make things so much easier.

And next year we need to get a pic of us there. I got home from faire and went "Oh man! I should have gotten a pic of the three of us! HA HA HA!"
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Lady_Claira on September 11, 2009, 02:26:08 PM
Yes Brother Robert, next year we should have a set meeting place. That would make things so much easier.

And next year we need to get a pic of us there. I got home from faire and went "Oh man! I should have gotten a pic of the three of us! HA HA HA!"

I know, I know - pics - ugh. I haven't taken ANY pictures this year. I discovered my camera is busted when I finally tried to snap some. I guess the first weekends of rain did my camera in.  :(  Won't be able to replace it until next season, sadly.  :-\

Sir. Kindle

We might just go back again next year. We are, currently, planning on attending the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire next year, but I'm really dreading the looong drive. The NYRF is less than half the distance and a great faire, so who knows. Still, I've heard nothing but good things about the PARF. Hmmmm...it's going to be a tough choice, but I've got a whole year to think about it. In the mean time, I'll just have to enjoy my local faires.

If I do go, I really hope we decide on an easy spot to meet up. I got lost half the time just looking for the next show. Finding someone, without knowing exactly where and when, was, obviously, impossible for me. The info. booth at noon sounds like a good idea though. If we do go, I hope we finally have a chance to meet.

Damien Ryan

i wana make it another time or 2 this year!!! any1 know off hand which is the last week of faire?

I really love the joust though, im big into combat tho hehe, human chess was great too...when i went it was soooo hot watching the chess tho!!!!

I also had a blast just meeting some people in the pub, wish i had been smart enough to exchange information with them though!

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Damien Ryan on September 12, 2009, 09:24:29 PM
i wana make it another time or 2 this year!!! any1 know off hand which is the last week of faire?

I really love the joust though, im big into combat tho hehe, human chess was great too...when i went it was soooo hot watching the chess tho!!!!

I also had a blast just meeting some people in the pub, wish i had been smart enough to exchange information with them though!

This coming weekend is the final weekend ( Sept 19 & 20 ).  This past weekend was pretty good, I think. Weather wise. A bit drizzly and wet Saturday but Sunday was great - not that terribly humid and breezy but still sunny. This time of year seems the best for it.

The sun is brutal though, esp. as you said at the chess board with no coverings or shade. You're just sitting in the direct sunlight.  I feel for the actors who have to do all the fighting in that heat!

Well - if you make the last weekend let me know and we'll meet.

Info booth is the best choice I think - hard to miss. There is a big wooden sign with a map of the shire beside it which is a great landmark to meet.   If I know what time someone will be there I can always make my way there.

If not , then we'll use that spot next year..

Damien Ryan

ohhh ok, ill try and know by wednesday or thursday if i will be there!!!

Jay Byrd

Lady_Claira,

It was I, Jay Byrd a woodsman who is freind to the good Brother Robert.  It was a delight to meet you.  Next time hopefully there will be more, how should we say, time to speak with one and other.  Hopefuly you will also get to meet the two of my children who ren with me.  I know I need to get some pics up on here.  I had them on the old sight but...

Brother Robert,

My children altough they had other plans next weekend, have told me that they have cleared their schedule to attend the last weekend.  We should be there Saturday.  Even if they do not make it I will.  I made myself a new Jerkin.  I also was working on my hooded leather cape so for me hopefully it will be cold.  My son has already told me that it fits him well, so I'm sure I won't own it long.  although others have trouble finding you I thankfully never seem to so I will see you Saturday and we will share a rum and beer or two.

Jay Byrd

Oh I made a small pouch for you.  Hopefully I can remember to bring it.

Lady_Claira

Oh, thank you for reminding me then Jay Bird. And yes, next time I do hope we shall have much more time to chat with each other. That would be most wonderful!

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Jay Byrd on September 14, 2009, 04:55:37 PM
Lady_Claira,

It was I, Jay Byrd a woodsman who is freind to the good Brother Robert.  It was a delight to meet you.  Next time hopefully there will be more, how should we say, time to speak with one and other.  Hopefuly you will also get to meet the two of my children who ren with me.  I know I need to get some pics up on here.  I had them on the old sight but...

Brother Robert,

My children altough they had other plans next weekend, have told me that they have cleared their schedule to attend the last weekend.  We should be there Saturday.  Even if they do not make it I will.  I made myself a new Jerkin.  I also was working on my hooded leather cape so for me hopefully it will be cold.  My son has already told me that it fits him well, so I'm sure I won't own it long.  although others have trouble finding you I thankfully never seem to so I will see you Saturday and we will share a rum and beer or two.

Jay Byrd

Oh I made you a small pouch for you.  Hopefully I can remember to bring it.

Excellent!  And thank you my friend! I seriously need a pouch, and your work is amazing.  Looking forward to hanging with you this weekend. I will be there both days.  Some of the FoF are camping out overnight on the grounds - not sure I'll be doing that with a pet waiting for me at home  - but I will be on the grounds late.  Going to be there at opening gate?

Jay Byrd

I am going to try.  Getting the kids to bed early on a night before Faire is a challenge, but with the proper planning tonight we should hopefully be there early.  You have my cell.  We will look for you before hand if we are on time.  If not once inside I am sure to find you.

Jay Byrd

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Jay Byrd on September 18, 2009, 10:19:25 AM
I am going to try.  Getting the kids to bed early on a night before Faire is a challenge, but with the proper planning tonight we should hopefully be there early.  You have my cell.  We will look for you before hand if we are on time.  If not once inside I am sure to find you.

Jay Byrd

Alright sounds good to me. If it's warm I'll be carrying water to the actors so you will find me for sure by the maypole dance and Robins Hood bridge for those dancers.