News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Faire Between Elgin and Giddings?? (texas)

Started by vsfaerie, July 20, 2009, 05:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsfaerie

I didn't see anything about this - but maybe i missed it.  My hubby was driving to Houston yesterday and saw a sign and beautiful stone gate saying something about a Renaissance Festival off 290 between Elgin and Giddings.  He mentioned April dates.  I've been Googling but finding nothing - anyone have info?

This is different than the Sherwood Forrest Faire in Paige (other side of Giddings) which we're also very excited about.

Thanks for any info!!

KiltedPrivateer

Sherwood Faire - It has its own forum here under South Faires.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

bellevivre

could you pinpoint it on a map? Sherwood isnt quite in Paige, either- perhaps it was the main gate that they are working on?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

KiltedPrivateer

Hmm - Two faires within mere miles of each other?  Interesting.  I'd like to know as well.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

dbaldock

Quote from: vsfaerie on July 20, 2009, 05:14:55 PM
I didn't see anything about this - but maybe i missed it.  My hubby was driving to Houston yesterday and saw a sign and beautiful stone gate saying something about a Renaissance Festival off 290 between Elgin and Giddings.  He mentioned April dates.  I've been Googling but finding nothing - anyone have info?

This is different than the Sherwood Forrest Faire in Paige (other side of Giddings) which we're also very excited about.

Thanks for any info!!

Paige is between Elgin and Giddings.  It's where Hwy 21 crosses Hwy 290.

Driving East from Austin towards Houston, you pass by Manor, Elgin, McDade, Paige, Hills, Giddings, Ledbetter, Burton, Brenham, Chapel Hill, Hempstead, Prairie View, Waller, Hockley, and then you get to Cypress and the outskirts of Houston.

This link is the Google Maps location of the original entrance to the Sherwood Forest Faire property (the one we've been using for the (nearly) monthly gatherings).  The "For Sale" sign, visible in Street View, has been replaced with one that says something like, "SFF Entrance" and has Butterfly Banners/Kites attached.  The new Main Gate is slightly uphill to the left (west) of this gate.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Paige,+TX&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=49.223579,79.013672&ie=UTF8&ll=30.224495,-97.169491&spn=0.00661,0.013733&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=30.224451,-97.16941&panoid=sKHyPLgJWBeGmOtRmjkYRg&cbp=12,24.54,,0,0.43

Take Care,
David Baldock

EDIT: Updated list of towns.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous