News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hampton Inn

Started by Peaches McGee, September 09, 2009, 02:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peaches McGee

Hello All!

Has anybody stayed at the Hampton that is right across the way from the faire?  Some friends and I are looking to make a weekend of it on October 3-4 and were wondering if it's a good place to stay.  If you have any other suggestions, that would be great.  Camping isn't an option (although I do love camping) because I don't think I can get myself dressed in a tent.

Thanks much!

Peaches

will paisley

Quote from: Peaches McGee on September 09, 2009, 02:55:45 PM
Hello All!

Has anybody stayed at the Hampton that is right across the way from the faire?  Some friends and I are looking to make a weekend of it on October 3-4 and were wondering if it's a good place to stay.  If you have any other suggestions, that would be great.  Camping isn't an option (although I do love camping) because I don't think I can get myself dressed in a tent.

Thanks much!

Peaches

It's good, but expensive (on the order of $150/night).  Then again, they do serve a free, all-you-can-stand breakfast buffet with actual hot food (sausage and eggs), and you can walk across the street to faire.  You'll see plenty of wenches, peasants and pirates in the dining room.  They've also got free wifi, as well as a business center with computers and printers (which we used to get a printout of the online Writ of the Day showing the weekend's schedule, since the one the faire had printed up and was handing out was full of errors).  It tends to fill up very quickly, so I'd make reservations now if you're interested.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

sir oswyn dagworth

This particular Hampton Inn is one of the best I've experienced. As Will mentioned it isn't cheap but it's definitely worth it. Many of the out of town actors and vendors stay there so it books up quick and thus the premium charge since they know demand is there. It's the closest thing you'll find to faire. The Farmer's Hope in is up the road a bit but otherwise you are driving 10-15 miles to get to any other decent hotels.
Smack'n M"Crack
Oculus Nox Clan O'Patrick
Prince Oswyn Dagworth consort to Anne Queen of Denmark

Pharmar Greybeard & Maria

Loved it. The ultimate place to stay. The beds and pillows were like heaven.

Maria

Lady de la Warr

I will also recommend it. I have stayed there several times and have always had a great experience. And it's right across the street from faire so no driving necessary after a few ales at the pub  ;)