News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Back to the 50's Car Show

Started by ladiedragon, May 22, 2008, 07:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladiedragon

If you like cars, its  a good time. If you have kids who like cars, its a good time.

June 20,21,22

http://www.msra.com/

Rage

I was going to post some pic's of cars that I got a few years ago and then realized I can't get to them online anymore. I have to put them back up.

A couple of people I know have cars there and just to warn anyone who hasn't been there its big, really big!

DeadBishop

We missed out on it last year.  One of my favorite events to go and do some creative shooting...

R/F.com member since 2003

ladiedragon

Quote from: majikboxman on May 23, 2008, 02:55:57 PM
They get over 10,000 cars to this event.  If you go... be careful what you pic and post.  Some of these guys have copyrights on their cars and are very adamant about not having pics of their cars posted out online

yea,i know ive been there quite a few years

Rage

Quote from: majikboxman on May 23, 2008, 02:55:57 PM
They get over 10,000 cars to this event.  If you go... be careful what you pic and post.  Some of these guys have copyrights on their cars and are very adamant about not having pics of their cars posted out online

Actually by signing the papers to be in the show they agree to allow pictures to be taken of their cars and as long as you are not using the pictures of their cars/trucks to make money the copyright means nothing. A couple of my friends have put their cars in this show.

Its the same as taking a picture of the batmobile and putting it on your website. they can't do anything unless your making money off of it.

I had a guy give me crap about not taking pictures of his truck. I nicely said ok and he started telling me I need to delete the pictures. I brought up the rules and the fact that...your cars sitting in a public space. Ended up with security involved. He left the show and I still have pictures of his truck. I am usually nice about, no reason to be a jerk to them unless they start being jerks.

Willum Povy

Willum Povy

Noble Dreg

I regret it every year I do not attend!  Maybe this year.

And my 2 cents on the 'no photo' thing...it is a public place, if the owner does not like it they need to stay home.  They can ask you politely not to shoot, but they cannot stop you nor infringe on your ability to shoot.  Car people are just like any other group, good and bad.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small