News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

To garb or not to Garb?

Started by Jademozingo, September 16, 2009, 05:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratman and Bobin

Quote from: ladylissame on September 17, 2009, 05:35:34 PM
An outfit is NEVER completely finished
Sooooooooooooooooooooo true!!! LOL
Cheers!
Ratman & Bobin
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants!
Isaac Newton 1642-1727
Chroniclers of Willy-Nilly

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: Old Tinker on September 17, 2009, 03:23:59 PM
me's first garb was a potatoe sack, Lady Jade,
(Hmmm, me garb is still a potatoe sack).

OT & B...

That made me giggle!

And Lissame's got it right, an outfit is never complete! I just got a new bodice in that matches my frock coat sooooooo much better. So purdy. :B

SNS, I almost didn't get past the wearing nothing part. -_-; It's late.

Can't wait to see everyone on Saturday!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Old Tinker

me thanks to R & B  :-*
CapnFaye, dear Ren Daught, thy Papa smiles when one of his girls giggle.  ;D
only hours now till me Belle and me get to see some of the best peoples in the world.  ;)
all travel safe,
this Old Tinker and his Belle will be hit'n the road this afternoon, so's until the morn.   :)
OT & B...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Jademozingo

I'll definetly be there tomorrow.  My son lovingly pointed out that all three of us have green "shirts"  his leather tunic is dark green and my bodice and my boyfriend's shirt are lighter green linen.  So I suppose I will garb.  So any advice for my first trip to this one?  Any must dos or sees? Vendors? Treats? 

Jade

Sigundo

We didn't get to see everything over labor day weekend, but everything we DID see was great. Washing well wenches were funny as heck, the mudde show is a don't miss event (we saw Beowulf, breaking my vow to never, EVER attend a shakesperian play, but somehow with the mud and such, I enjoyed it a LOT).

Note to self: Although it is preferred to laugh a lot at the mudde show, do NOT repeat NOT laugh at your wife when the turkey leg juice runs down over her clothing. Funny though it may be.

I didn't get to see the pirate show due to the sun and crowds. We almost did, but at the very last minute 2 tall men and a lady in a tie-died shirt stood right in front of us, blocking most of the show so we wandered off to something else. Lots of nice vendors there, sadly this weekend (as most) I wasn't just DRESSED as a peasant so couldn't do a lot of buying or such, but there is a lot to see. Plenty of nice music too, my wife felt bad putting a tip in one musicians drinking mug, but in her defense it was right where a tip cup would be placed if one had been, but she still felt bad. The joust was a no-miss item as well. Swordsmen weren't there labor day, but Skulle and Bones? filled in and they were good, as well as the Duke of Danger. Sounds like every show I saw was good, doesn't it? Well, they were, so see all of them!!
I clicked "change profile" but it still looks as bad as it did before! Please fix!

ladylissame

And stop by the maze. The head maze boy in green is very funny. Ask him about the "your mother" compliments act. It is amusing

Jademozingo

We went, but arrived much later than I planned. It was one before we got in the gates between traffic and waiting in lines for tickets... well we didn't get to do nearly as much as we would have liked.  I think we were all a bit overwhelmed, so I didn't get to look for anyone.  If you saw a couple wandering around with a very excited little knight in green with a wooden sword and a new helmet, that was us. 

Jade