News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Your 2009 Photo Guide to TRF Rennies!

Started by Blue66669, September 16, 2009, 06:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue66669

I know that I have a horrible time putting names to faces in posts, so every year I request that people post a full size pic of themselves here as an introduction, and where they're most likely to be found lingering at the faire. It makes it so much easier to find each other!

Hi, my name is Blue! My husband, Erik, and I can be found near or at The Fellowship Foundry, marching parade, or at the Prince of Wales pub everyday after parade. Come see us!!!

Blaidd Drwg

KiltedPrivateer

Michael and Janet (aka KP and Kitara)
These days we can be found hanging around the German Village with the fairies (We have a 3 year old)
If we aren't there then we are aimlessly wandering the faire.  We always try to make the meet up at the
POW before, during and after the parade.

Edit for spelling (o:
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Lady Ann of Draycott

I am Lady Ann of Draycott, my husband is Tim and my son is Dillon.  We can almost always be found at the Prince of Wales Pub after the parade or wandering around.  There isn't anywhere in particular we like to hang out...we are wanderers and I like to shop!  ;D

If you see me be sure to say HI!!!

Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Gwen aka Punstergal

I am Gwendolynn (who's title changes with her clothes, hehe). I will *HOPEFULLY* be back to the wonderful world of TRF this year (trying to get back to Texas as fast as I can- interview with the job prospect is monday, so keeping the fingers crossed). If I DO make it home in time, I will be wandering around faire with kiddos in tow (my darling daughter, and my sister's two munchkins, while she's working in a shop).

It's been two years since this shot, but this is kinda what I look like in garb (Celtic Christmas, for the record, I don't always accessorize like a yuletide ornament- although this being a headshot, you're being spared the converted christmas tree skirt that makes up the bottom of the outfit :)

"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

valt

This gentleman kind of resembles me.  I generally can be seen walking around the festival taking pictures, although I am kind of hard to spot sometimes.  I tend to get around the festival many, many times in search of photographic opportunities, so catching me in one spot is difficult other than at the meet 'n greet at the PoW.

dbaldock

Like Valt, I'll be wandering about taking pictures.  Although, on the first weekend I'll probably be hanging out with the Gypsy Guerrilla Band and Cantiga, since I haven't seen them in several years.  Also, if Queen Anne's Lace (from Scarby) is down singing any this Fall, I'll probably be visiting with them as well.  It seems as though the best chance of getting pictures of RenFest Forum Folks would be at the PofW Pub after the Parade.  Also, what time is the Chain Maille show that Cassidy participates in?

EDIT:  I'm not going to make it out to TRF this Fall.  If I was out there, this is more-or-less what I'd look like.  /EDIT:

This is me, David Baldock, in part of one of my costumes.  All of my costumes are from Dra, and consist of either cotton or silk shirts, cotton or silk pants, and hemp or silk vests or cloak --- in a variety of colors.  (NOTE: I may have glasses on, or I may be wearing my contacts.)

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Reaper

This is me. I usually wander aimlessly taking tons of photos but this year I'll be working at Enigma so feel free to stop by and say hi.

The bottom pic is one of my new personnas. Trool the Troll. This was taken at Scarby this year for the Day of wrong, thus the ribbons and bells (damn faeries lol)

Reaper the Grimm / Trool the Troll
IBRSC #1150 / Ren Merc #858
Clan McLotofus
Enforcer/Sentinel

Sir Martin

Sir Martin Hughes here, along with the lovely and gentle Tessa the twice-hearted.  Tessa will be with me for All Hallows and I'll be going stag another 3 or 4 weekends.  On All Hallows we will be at POW for the Meet and Greet, and will most likely catch Sound and Fury and Arsene at the Odeon, as well as several musical performances on the Mockingbird, Wharfside, and New Market Music Gazebos.  We will also catch at least one show of the Gypsy Dance Theatre in The Agora.  She loves to watch the Royal Fireworks if she isn't too tired at the end of the day.  On the weekends when Tessa cannot attend, I generally wander in search of good photo opportunities to share with our members here.

You will find me usually in peasant or pirate wear (or a kilt) the first few weeks of TRF, then as it get cooler, I'll wear a leather doublet.  If I can find the right sword, helmet and coif, I'll have some Knights Templar garb to wear this year also.  If you see me, come on up and introduce yourself.  It's all good in the beautiful atmosphere of New Market Village.

valt

Quote from: dbaldock on September 17, 2009, 01:42:36 AM
Also, what time is the Chain Maille show that Cassidy participates in?

It is held right after the parade at Lord Randolph's Chainmaille Fashions.

eloquentXI

Quote from: valt on September 17, 2009, 07:03:00 AM
Quote from: dbaldock on September 17, 2009, 01:42:36 AM
Also, what time is the Chain Maille show that Cassidy participates in?

It is held right after the parade at Lord Randolph's Chainmaille Fashions.

Which unfortunately, leaves you to choose between the RF Meet n' Greet at the POW and watching the chainmaille show at Lord Randolphs. I've sort of managed to accomplish both before but it must have been amusing to see me dodging the 'danes trying to get through to my usual photo spot.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Lady Laura

Ahoy!  I'm Lady Laura and I attend faire with my daughter, Kirby, and my best friend, Lady Diana.  We are ususally at the Sea Devil or just walking around the faire.  Say hi if you see me!

"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester

HollyAtFairyEffects

Hi, I'm Holly.  You can find me at Fairy Effects (booth #526, next to the glass blower).  After looking at all the pictures from last year, I decided that I wore this green corset waaaaay to much.  So, I'll be in lots of different colors this year :)

bellevivre

OOOOOLD picture, but here's us:

Mitch<----------->Kathleen (or Kat, or Belle, or whatever)

As you can see from THIS photo, we're usually either at POW or ***SeaDragon*** WTH??? Ive been away from faire too long!!! , though I try to get him to let me SHOP as much as possible!

We'll be camping probably near row 0, as close to gate as we possibly can get. Look for our banner:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

KiltedPrivateer

Belle - You'll be camping in our neighborhood.  If y'all are clanless feel free to throw in with us.  We'd love to share our camp with you and Mitch.  Our site is right behind Chaos Corner.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Breandan

This is me and my lovely wifewhokickedmeoutofbedforsnoringwithaninjadonkeykickfromhell, we'll be at the Blacksmith shop near the glassblower (opposite side from Holly, who makes the most adorable fairy, BTW ;D ). We sleep above our shop, so we're there a lot. Dunno what we'll be doing after hours, what with her pregnant and all, and she'll likely be spending a lot of time shopping or resting upstairs while I mangle metal into resembling something vaguely spoon-like, so no idea when the best times to get ahold of us will be other than around 0900-1030 or so.
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me