News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need a spot to watch UFC on Saturday Night after Faire

Started by robert of armstrong, September 16, 2009, 07:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert of armstrong

We are coming down, I'm sure you have seen the Mini Canadian Invasion thread, this weekend, and we are looking for a sports bar or pub or restaurant with big screens and a fun ambience to watch the UFC Saturday night.  We are staying at at the Hyatt on Opdyke near University, and are looking for something good near there, within a 20 minute drive or so.  Any ideas?  Anyone what to come out?  Let me know ASAP, its only a couple days away!!
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Margaret

I work in that neck of the woods, but I am not really familar with the bars in the area.

Let me ask around tomorrow and I will let you know.
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Lady Deborah

Buddy's Pizza!  Across I-75 from your hotel, University Dr to Squirrel Rd.  The BEST pizza, and TVs everywhere.  They have a newly expanded bar area, so I would check for hours.

Margaret

There's also The Post Bar.  http://www.postbar.com/auburnhills.html

The are located across from The Palace, North of where you are staying.  I am not sure how quiet it will be for watching the UFC though.  It's a popular place and turns into a dance bar in the evenings.
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

LadyAnn

I've been to The Post before and it was really loud and packed with people dancing.
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

robert of armstrong

Looking for more of a sports bar, not a dance club.  The best thing I can find right now is the Wild Wing on Hall Rd (hwy 59).

Help me out!!
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Margaret

There's really no 'good' sports bars in that immediate area.  There is a place called Hoopz just up the road from your hotel.  Looks like a fine dive type bar, but not a big sports bar.

If you want to spend a bit more money - screw seeing the MMA fights on TV.  You can go to Meadowbrook (which is about 5 min. from your hotel) and see it live and in person!   http://www.palacenet.com/venue_info.asp?venue=4

The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Lady Deborah

We traveled from Fort Wayne to Dearborn (closest location) for a Buddy's Pizza fix.  And all you have to do is go to the other side of the interstate, you won't be disappointed, it's very much the sports bar, especially with the renovations.  And they love it when we go in our garb during faire season.