News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Coupons/discounts?

Started by theChuck, August 31, 2008, 10:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theChuck

Just a quick question about PARF. I just saw it's nearly $30 per person on a normal day, which is... pretty high, I think. Are there any sort of discounts or coupons available on admission?
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Alisoun

I know that they take a few dollars off at the gate for being in full costume, and they have a discount for students, seniors and military with ID.  The website should have the pricing for that. 

Since we weren't sure about the number of weekends we could visit this year, we opted out of season passes.  Instead, we get return passes for about $20 before we leave.
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." --William James

LadySeasan

Burger king has coupons for $4 off for the rest of the season

If you are dressed in full costume, they knock a couple of bucks off also
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

beeboy

its $4 off if your in garb.  a number of area stores have coupons.  and sometimes, depending on the mini-themes of the weekend, there are additional savings

remission

Mhmm They have a discount price of $24.99 on their site. I guess If I buy online I wouldn't be able to use any coupons or anything since Ive already bought them. 

Anyone know if theres any additional costs, like for Parking, and cost of any shows or events inside the faire or is that all included in the ticket

McGuinness

No charge for parking and except for a very few special events, all the shows are included. PaRF is not a pass-the-hat faire and only one act, the Mud Beggars, are allowed to accept tips. Foods, drinks and any other souvenirs or shopping at all the vendor's shops would be your only expenses during the day other than your ticket price.

kcdcchef

i think my wife and i get our tickets every year during celtic fling. its buy one get one free during celtic fling in june. wont help anyone this weekend, but for future reference fellow rennies, grab your passes then! we usually grab a couple sets.

now as far as parf being so high, that, i have never gotten. i usually get into other faires for $15-$18, and even with passing hats, two of us only spend $45 or so. say, like $36 on tix and then around $10 in hat passing. i actually prefer hat passing, because almost all faires are well known for not paying that much. but again, if you do it, you love to do it, dont kid yourself!!

not necessarily complaining, just my .02.

will paisley

Also, if you're attending more than one day, buy the second day's ticket inside the faire at the info booth.  I don't remember the exact discount, but it's definitely more than $4 off.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally