News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TLC What Not to Wear searches for a Rennie.

Started by UrsulaChandler, September 09, 2009, 04:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UrsulaChandler

This message was passed through the grape vine:

"Hello,

My name is Michael Raptis, and I am a casting director for What Not To
Wear. We are casting our 250th Episode and I was hoping you might be
able to get the word out your members. We love to feature a women who
frequents renaissance festivals. Someone who has a unique sense of
style, and does not fit into the norm. I attached copy of our casting
flyer to this email. The show has been on for many years, and has
helped many women to feel confident again. Maybe one of your co workers could use a little help, or one of your friends or relatives, on the 250th episode people can actually nominate themselves. The deadline to apply is September 25th! If you have any questions, just let me know.

Best Regards,

Michael Raptis
Casting Director
What Not To Wear
BBC Productions
432 West 45th Street
New York, NY 10036
Tel: 212-974-9050 Ext. 161
mraptis@bbcnyproduction.com"

The information from the flyer:

"NOW CASTING SPECIAL 250th Episode

For the first time ever, in celebration of its 250th episode, What Not to Wear
is doing a national search for The Worst Dressed American (open to WOMEN only). Email mraptis@mraptis@bbcnyproduction.com to nominate yourself or secretly nominate a friend, and you or she could appear on the 250th episode of the show and get the royal treatment, compliments of Stacy and Clinton! Send at least 2 pictures that show her style, her name, age, size, height, occupation, describe her style and tell us why we should pick her! Deadline for submissions is September 25th so email today!

About the show:
"WHAT NOT TO WEAR" provides fashion intervention to people nominated by
friends/family/co-worker as someone who desperately needs a style overhaul!
Fashion experts, Stacy London and Clinton Kelly then confront the person and
reveal their plan to teach them "WHAT NOT TO WEAR" sorting through the person's current wardrobe and providing them with rules for maximizing their best assets and personal style. They are given a Visa card worth $5,000, and it's time to hit the shops. After a consultation with Stacy and Clinton on these new clothing choices, along with a dramatic hair and makeup revamp, viewers will see a complete transformation and a stunning reveal.

Connect with the TLC Audience:
• TLC is in 85 million homes in the US
• 23.3 million viewers tune into TLC each week
• 83 million viewers tune in to watch TLC each month
• TLC ranks #1 in concentration of upscale adults 25-54 and 18-49 in prime time"

Ursula Chandler
LRF
Ursula Chandler
Louisiana Renaissance Festival
Cast, RLHC

Scarlett

Is this legit?   It doesnt state WHY they want a womanwho frequents renfaires?
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

kcdcchef

Quote from: Scarlett on September 09, 2009, 09:24:51 PM
Is this legit?   It doesnt state WHY they want a womanwho frequents renfaires?

my guess would be that several rennies are guilty of having the most elaborate tudoresque costumes in the world, yet dress like they are stuck in a cross between 1964 and grunge when they are not at faire. just my thoughs on the matter.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Is this another one?  Because a few months ago, there was a rennie woman on the show.  Seems odd that they would just feature one and then send another request around for the same thing.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Scarlett

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on September 10, 2009, 05:43:40 AM
Is this another one?  Because a few months ago, there was a rennie woman on the show.  Seems odd that they would just feature one and then send another request around for the same thing.

Really?  Wow.  I wonder how I missed that one!  I love this show!  I'll have to check the website.

Scarlett

UrsulaChandler

Maybe the request for the rennie is old. I just got the message from a fellow LRFer.

I always enjoy seeing my new cast members appear at workshops all year in casual frump wear--then become renaissance fabulous during our season.

Ursula Chandler
LRF
Ursula Chandler
Louisiana Renaissance Festival
Cast, RLHC

ArielCallista

OMG! I saw that episode! I don't know Ariel tho but props to her! They caught her at Medieval times in georgia, she was in her garb too! She's apparently a kissing wench at GARF, if I remember correctly. It was a funny episode, but it was also frustrating. I saved it on my parents DVR hahaha.
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

groomporter

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

TiaLD77

From what I can tell by googling "WNTW 250th episode" they are not looking for anybody specific, though apparently this "Michael Raptis" sent a lot of form letters to every walk of life...so Who knows?
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

will paisley

Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally