News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What Do You Dream of Having in your Campsite?

Started by Cilean, May 23, 2008, 07:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

I just stumbled on to a website for an antique dealer who seems to specialize in military campaign furniture. If you go through the "Stock Pages" I thought it might inspire some ideas, for portable camping items, and maybe even display ideas for booths

http://www.campaignfurniture.com/
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Rani Zemirah

I have recently been tempted by the 12' x 20' Bell Wedge tent from Tentsmiths. There's a canopy bed that breaks down for easy transport that I really want, also...

It's a possibility that I could work them into my budget this year... maybe...  (sigh)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

dragongirl

If you really want a double bell wedge at a really affordable price try Midwest Tents.  Here is the link: http://midwesttent.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=46
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

Rani Zemirah

Nice, although it's a bit shorter than the one I was looking at. My canopy bed probably wouldn't fit in it. Still for that much cheaper it's at least worth checking to see if I could make it work! Thanks!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

MacLaren

I've officially said screw tents. I'm gettins me a skool bus! Plenty of room and little setup. Just park it and partay!
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

I just want to furnish mine in the Gypsy "style"... you know, rich colors, furs on the bed, candle lanterns, tapestries... I mean, really, who wouldn't want to hang out in there???

I have the feeling the party would just come to me...  LOL
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

MacLaren

Care to officially decorate my rollin' party bus? Methinks you'd be rather well suited for the challenge of putting something together! ;)

Negotiations are underway, so get ready darling Rani! The task is officially yours if you want it!
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

Oh wow... that sounds like a really fun project, but it might be a bit difficult long distance!

BTW... what does the job pay??? Just askin'...  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

MacLaren

I'm buyin', is that enough? I've got plenty of plans, and will be doing Scarby, so if the deal goes through, I've got a starter of two(triple stuffed) futon pads to work with. The rest I'm sure will come as directed by an official decorator. There is no doubt about you'll do something special on an official party wagon!

Now I'm just thinking about the paint scheme.....I hate yellow! At least, that much of it!!
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Richard de Graeme

The fabled Magic Bus of yore!? Who would have thought it? ;)
"For it is the doom of man that they forget."
NE OUBLIE!
Purveyor of dubious wisdom
Player of spoons
Herbalist

Rani Zemirah

Well, if you're going for the "Gypsy vardo" look then there are some traditional colors, but really anything in green with gold trim is classic for the Gypsy look...

Inside, of course, you need plenty of wood, lots of plush earth tones and muted jewel tones, and all the little touches that really say "Gypsy vagabond"...

Will you be doing all the interior construction yourself? I've actually done something like this before, and I have to admit the results were pretty spectacular. I wish I had pictures, but it was many years ago, and digital cameras were few and far between, and I've since lost contact with the bus owner.
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

flidais

Well a huge RV would be the dream.  You know one of those you see on the travel channel that cost a million dollars.  But since I will NEVER have one of those, I'll talk about my dreams for what I DO have.

We are buying a pop-up from a friend of ours.  For really cheap and it's in pretty good shape.

So.....

I can't decide between doing it up gypsy wagon like, something that nobility would travel in or something with scottish flare.  Either way I am putting pergo flooring in it.  In a nice rich rosewood. 

If I go gypsy wagon, I'm thinking exotic with bright exciting colors.  Middle Easten inspired decor.  Stuff like that.

If I go noble.  Then I was thinking tapestries, jewel tones and filagree.

Scottish.  Well plaid and sheep I guess.  hehehehe  But lots of thistle-y stuff, celtic knot work, anything from Gaelsong.

What do you all think?

Tammy

I think this would be cool to have in my campsite...

;D :o :o
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

flidais

dragongirl

I would go with the mystical gypsy/noble look.  It is easier for you to find items to decorate with and will be more versitile.

Quote from: flidais on February 16, 2009, 06:50:35 PM
Well a huge RV would be the dream.  You know one of those you see on the travel channel that cost a million dollars.  But since I will NEVER have one of those, I'll talk about my dreams for what I DO have.

We are buying a pop-up from a friend of ours.  For really cheap and it's in pretty good shape.

So.....

I can't decide between doing it up gypsy wagon like, something that nobility would travel in or something with scottish flare.  Either way I am putting pergo flooring in it.  In a nice rich rosewood. 

If I go gypsy wagon, I'm thinking exotic with bright exciting colors.  Middle Easten inspired decor.  Stuff like that.

If I go noble.  Then I was thinking tapestries, jewel tones and filagree.

Scottish.  Well plaid and sheep I guess.  hehehehe  But lots of thistle-y stuff, celtic knot work, anything from Gaelsong.

What do you all think?
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood