News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weekend 2, 1001 Dreams, Oct 17-18

Started by Morrigan, October 12, 2009, 02:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morrigan

One down, seven to go...

1001 Dreams, come dressed as your favorite Fantasy Character!   Our contests for this weekend (as always, competing for season passes to next year's festival) are:

11:00am - Start of Fantasy Scavenger Hunt, Revels Stage

2:00pm - Fantasy Costume Contest, Arena

4:00pm - Dragon Wing Eating Contest, Revels Stage

Hope to see you there!

*** Please note, these contests are open to patrons only!   This means that if you or an immediate family member is employed or engaged in ANY capacity with TRF or one of its vendors (even if you are just walking parade for a pass or comps), or if you have a TRF pass for any other reason, you are not eligible to compete in the contests.  Thank you for your understanding and support.    Later in the season, there are some contests that are specifically open to employees and vendors.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

LadyElizabeth

OK, so I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited about this weekend!!  We're really going to try and be as fanciful looking as possible with our fairy garb.  I'm just really hoping and praying it's warm enough that I won't be a freezing fairy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Botch

This weekend is one of the few weekends I get to be in one of the choreographed dances. 

By the way, I did meet a lot of R/F'ers this last weekend and it was indeed a pleasure.  One R/F'er was in Son of Sandlar trying on boots.  I was going to say hello but I follow the rule of "if a shop is trying to make a sale, I don't interrupt."  Just my rule of thumb.  Otherwise, I've said hello to a lot of other R/F'ers at TRF this past weekend.

Again this weekend I am looking forward to it with much anticipation.  Hope to see you all again soon

Christopher Columbus
Lost explorer.

FaeHollow

Oh yay!
I am turning my sister into a fairy for this weekend.
Leigh

Rikki the Trickster

I'm so excited...I've been waiting for this weekend for about three years.
~We foot it all the night, weaving olden dances, mingling hands and mingling glances, till the moon has taken flight~

Breandan

If we can find wings, my wife will be going as a Preggy Fairy ;D
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

HollyAtFairyEffects

Quote from: Breandan on October 13, 2009, 01:39:25 AM
If we can find wings, my wife will be going as a Preggy Fairy ;D

lol.  Does she know about this?

Breandan

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Queen Bonnie

I shall be there! My cold is leaving! Huzzah!  Bringing new wands and lots of potions. Hoping my weather spell works for the Magical weekend! POOF!<<<<****!!!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

PyroMaster

This weekend is shaping up to be magically delicious in the weather department. Huzzah for the Queen's spells!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NWS Forecast for: Magnolia TX
Issued by: National Weather Service Houston, TX
Last Update: 9:47 am CDT Oct 14, 2009

Today: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 89. South wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 74. South wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Thursday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 89. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. North wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. North wind around 15 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 55.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 73.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 48.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 71.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 48.

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 75.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 57.

Tuesday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 79.

Point Forecast: Magnolia TX
30.2°N 95.74°W
Do not burden yourself with the secrets of scary people.

Shandi

hmmm maybe I'll sleep in my truck this weekend :) sounds a little cool but I love being cold! nothing like getting warm in your favorite blankie
"Chase the Morning" "Yield for Nothing!"

Chianti

I plan to be out as Dewdrop the Fairie.  Working on new wings as we speak.   

Breandan

hehehe, that reminds me of Toot Toot, the dewdrop fairy from the Dresden Files books ;D

Lady Ashly

I will be there on Sunday! Huzzah to the chilly weather. I am super excited!!
"I love thee, I love but thee with a love that shall not die till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old."

Jinglebum

Yay~! Favorite weekend. :D I need to get my wing situation taken care of before tomorrow. Haha

>>; Go!go! Procrastination!

Weather is looking awesome for this weekend! I get to walk around blowing my bubbles this weekend. =^_^=
Oh... Shiny!

Lady Ashly

Queen Bonnie~ Will you be attending both Saturday and Sunday?
"I love thee, I love but thee with a love that shall not die till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old."

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: dobbydog on October 15, 2009, 11:18:42 AM

>>; Go!go! Procrastination!

You Called?!

Looks like our family will get to come out on Saturday and play as well.  We decided that the whole family will be faeries this weekend.  The wife finished her wings last night.  I hope to have mine completed tonight.  Looking forward to it.  Should be lots of fun.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

wyckdblyss

I need to see pics of YOU as a faerie *Snicker*...no doubt your lovely wife and daughter will be adorable...Elissa always looks precious in her faerie fiinery. Ya know I luah ya! LOL Wish I could be there...
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70

KiltedPrivateer

Whaaa - You don't think I'll be adorable too?  Adorableness emanates from my being - how do you think my daughter got to be that way *LOL*  Ok - thats all crap, shes adorable all on her own
Lover of Lady Kitara

wyckdblyss

I am sure you will be adorable too honey...it just caught me off guard at the sudden mental picture I had of you with wings LOL
May have to change your name to KiltedFaePrivateer???
WyckdBlyss,

KiltedPrivateer

LOL - Hmmm Kilted faeries engaged in sword play... That does get the imagination moving
Lover of Lady Kitara

KiltedPrivateer

I'll make sure we get a picture of the whole fae family
Lover of Lady Kitara

wyckdblyss

Definately...I am sure that all of Clan Procrastination would love to see it...tee hee
WyckdBlyss,

Mouse

I need to find out if I am hairy enough, pasty enough, and beer bellied enough to be a fairy godfather one year.

But room, fairy, Oberon approaches *belch*
Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

Luna

i don't talk much on here but i plan to be there sat and hope to meet some of yall after the parade  :)

Queen Bonnie

Quote from: Lady Ashlyn on October 15, 2009, 11:51:40 AM
I will be at TRF both days- and hopefully every weekend from here on! See you there!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on October 16, 2009, 10:58:03 AM
Quote from: Lady Ashlyn on October 15, 2009, 11:51:40 AM
I will be at TRF both days- and hopefully every weekend from here on! See you there!

The weather is absolutely wonderful today and will be all weekend.  I do recall a while ago asking for exactly these conditions from you Queen Bonnie lol.  :P

So, now I see a pattern developing...

Opening weekend you weren't feeling so hot and the weather wasn't so great either.  Now you are better and we are blessed with a beautiful weekend, lol.  Keep doing what ever it is you are doing to stay well! LOL!  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Mouse

She's a weather witch! And what does this particular goddess of jetstreams and the water cycle wish for tribute?
Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

Breandan