News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I really don't like hives.

Started by appljx, May 24, 2008, 10:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

appljx

So. On Friday, I started having an allergic reaction to something in my life (still not sure what).  My hands were red and swollen, and I had hives all over my body.   I took 3 benadryl and coated myself with Caladryl and passed out.  I woke up with my hands even more swollen and the hives spreading.  Scared out of my mind, I tried to find an urgent care facility anywhere nearby....I couldn't, so went to the ER.  After going through everything that I have gotten/taken within the past week (getting a new cat, taking a z-pack, using latex gloves constantly that after noon), they diagnose me with a latex allergy. Without taking doing any tests!!!   The dr also gives me a steroid and high dose antihistamine.  Well, it definitely took care of my hives and swollen hands (and what I learned was also very swollen and puffy eyes).  But I woke up this morning with hives again!!  Now, I've never had a reaction to a zpack before and I've had a cat for 10 years.  So I have no idea why I have these hives.  I have a feeling it's going to be a long road.   :-\

lady serena

Appljx, have you had alot of stress in your life or an change in soap? I had a bad case of hives and the doc told me that stress can and does cause hives, mine was from a food allergy though. I hope that you feel better soon.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

appljx

No change in soap...and unfortunately stress cannot be avoided lately.  But they think that it's the medicine causing the allergic reaction.  We'll see what happens....

Lady Ann of Draycott

Sending prayers, positive energies, good thoughts and healing vibes to you appljx! I hope you find out soon what is causing your hives!
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

RenRobin

Hope you are feeling better soon....hives are not fun at all.  Will keep you in my prayers.
Loki-terr (in training)

LadyOren

Hope this finds you feeling better.  If they continue you may want to keep a daily log of what you have come in contact with, this will help narrow done the cause of your hives.  Peace and blessings
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

appljx

Well, the good news is I haven't had anymore hives since Saturday afternoon.  :D  However they have told me that I actually had an allergic reaction to the z-pack, so I won't go on that anymore.  I have used latex gloves and petted the new kitten lots lately and nothing has happened.  I have heard several people around the area that have had the same thing happened before.  No reaction at all to the z-pack the first time and then the next they break out in hives.  So, who knows, but all has been well lately.  Thank goodness, I'm tired of being sick.

LadyOren

It's good to hear your better.  Still sending prayers your way. Peace and blessings
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman