News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Indiana Jones

Started by Rage, May 24, 2008, 12:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rage

LD & I went to Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls last night and it rocks! I love that they filmed the movie in the old style that they filmed the first 3 and that they used a newer time line that matched Harris ford. In other words they didn't try to make him seem like a younger man then he is.

I highly recommend going to it.

We are heading out to see Iron Man today. I am pumped to see this movie too. Next movie we plan to see is the X-files!!!!!!

Charlotte Rowan

We went to see Indiana Jones last night too. I liked it a lot! We might go see Young at Heart today or tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to Wall-e next month.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Noble Dreg

Lord I hate to go against the grain...I give it a solid "c".  The acting was a bit forced and uncomfortable from most of the characters.  I also like to see a little "science" in my science fiction, seems most of the newer films using CGI effects take it too far.  I also find it very dissapointing that most writers and directors forget about character developement in sequels.

Still I did not feel ripped off, $7.50 for a matinee and $11.50 for pop/popcorn!  #3 is still my fav!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Ottheinrich

Thanks for the reviews (w/o spoilers) plan on seeing it soon

Willum Povy

I'm going to say I liked it much simply for the fact that Harrison Ford has always been one of my favorite actors.
As for the plot being a little exaggerated; I thought that was perfectly alright.  I'm sure they were thinking "hey, this WILL be the last Indiana Jones (With Ford) so we might as well go out with a bang and try something new."

I'll definitely be buying it when it comes out.  I already own the other 3...  And I highly recommend checking it out!

Storm

I really would like to see this movie, and Ironman and the new Narnia one, but going to the movies really isn't my deal anymore. I guess I just prefer to wait for them to come out on DVD and watch them in the comfort of my own living room. So, it will be a while before I see these movies....Oh well........

ladiedragon

You have to go see either Ironman or Indiana Jones in the theatre .. they are both pretty good movies

Lord Figaro

The wife and I had coupons so we went to see the new Narnia movie. We really liked it. I almost like it better than Harry Potter, but not by much.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Marietta Graziella

We all went to Indiana Jones yesterday.  As much as I love the series ...  this one just seemed rather predictable.  Oh, saw that coming.  Oh, saw that one too...

Great scenery.  Great ideas.  Just too much of it all together.  Would I rent it again for $1.00 at RedBox?  Yes.  Will I buy it?  No.

Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Killian

Tomorrow night I am going to see both Indiana Jones AND Iron Man at the drive in near my house. Hard to beat $7.50 for a double feature with no uber tall person sitting right in front of you!  ;D