News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Please keep my family in your prayers

Started by wyckdblyss, October 13, 2009, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish

You definitely have my prayers and good thoughts for your Aunt!
I know what she is going through with the hair loss. My Aunt had chemo for her cancer and she started to loose her hair. So she said enough! She went to the hair salon and had it all taken off. Then she said what is there to worry about now?
Her hair came back, so soft and curly! (I might add, way better than what she had!)
Best to all of you!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Rani Zemirah

Wyckd, when I went through chemo last winter I was told the best thing I could eat during the process was... bacon!  High fat, high protein was the way to go, they said.  Of course, my treatments were for a different reason, and were not the radical chemo that she'll be going through, but I'm pretty sure it was the bacon that helped me keep just enough hair to at least cover my scalp the whole time, and it never did come out in clumps, but fairly evenly over my whole head.  

Oh, and it was the only thing besides fried rice that tasted the way it was supposed to, also...

A couple of really nice things your family might do for her, though...  

Get her some warm comfy cashmere socks, and maybe a nice soft snuggly sweater for when she's freezing and shaking because her fever is high.  That part was the worst.  Extra blankets on the bed help, also.  
Frozen fruit bars to ease the mouth sores.  They kinda suck, also.  

Just knowing you are all there for her will be the most helpful, though, and letting her know that there are people she doesn't even know praying for her and sending healing energy her way can be a big comfort, also.  We'll be keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers!  
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

wyckdblyss

As of 10 am central time, my Aunt is getting her Chemo port put in. She will most likely start treatments next week.
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70

lordwriothsley

As always your Aunt will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers my dear.

God Bless and God Speed to you and your entire family m'lady.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

Thoughts  and prayers  continue  to go out to you and  your  aunt.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

wyckdblyss

UPDATE:
Survived first round of Chemo yesterday and she is actually on her way in to work today...I knew she was a tough ol' bird...hehe  ;D
Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers...
Now to get my 17 mo old nephew through his suirgery today, and we should be ok....has to have tubes in his ears, since one of his ear drums nearly burst last week... :o
WyckdBlyss,

Rani Zemirah

Oh, I'm so glad she got through this first one in good shape!  Hopefully that will be the case for the whole course.  I'll be praying for her continued strength and well being, and successful conclusion as well!  I'll include your nephew, also, and be sending them both healing energy and comfort, as well.  :) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

lordwriothsley

I'm glad to hear that you Aunt Susan that got through her first round of Chemo alright Wyckd. I will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers and I will also say a special prayer for your nephew as well.

God Bless as always my dear.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Irelandraven

Sending light and energy your family and Aunts way.

My grandma has it as well and I know how this feels.

I am happy to hear the first round of chemo went well.

I pray to the Goddess for her totally recovery.
"So quoth the Raven.......Nevermore"

"I become insane with long intervals of horrible sanity"

wyckdblyss

Well, seems I was a bit hasty in bragging about how well round 1 went. Friday she went to have a marrow shot and decided to come to work...she got here about 10:30, and by 12:30 was on her way home. She caught a chill and could not warm up. She spent the entire weekend at home and in bed, she says she hurts all over and feels like she is getting a cold too (although that could be sinus/allergies...we live in Houston, Tx, after all). I saw her for a few mins yesterday and she looks like she was hit by a Mack truck...I feel sorry for her, and it kills me that there is nothing I can do to make her feel better. She also is not eating much, because nothing tastes "right". But hopefully it will pass in a few days and she will be at least able to enjoy her food and build some of her strength up.

Thanks again to everyone...I would be a basket case if it wasn't for all of you.

Love to you all!
WyckdBlyss,

Rani Zemirah

Oh, I'm so sorry!  It really does suck...  Lots of warm, fluffy fleece, maybe even an electric blanket (I was freezing the whole six months, and an electric blanket would have been a miracle) and as much water as she can make herself drink in a day.  I was told to drink at least half my body weight in ounces every day, and it really helped.  You might ask her if she will try the bacon... I know it sounds weird, but my doc told me it was the best thing I could eat while I was in treatment, and it was really the only thing that tasted like it should... besides fried rice, anyway. 

I'm praying extra hard for her now, and the rest of your family as well, and I'll keep it up until you give the all clear, hon! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

wyckdblyss

Thanks Rani...she made it in to work this morning, but looks like she feels...I will tell her to eat bacon...she loves bacon anyway, so it shouldn't be too hard to convince her...hehehe
WyckdBlyss,

Rani Zemirah

Good!  Don't forget the water, though... they told me it's more than 2-3 times harder if you don't drink the water!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

wyckdblyss

Oh yes...she already drinks a ton of water, and has really upped her intake. She has gotten to the point that last night when I was talking to her she said she felt like she was going to float away...lol...at least she still has her sense of humor. I also told her about the bacon and she got really excited and said she was going to cook some this morning and see if she can eat it.
WyckdBlyss,

RenRobin

Your aunt is my prayers.  There are these lovely hand warmers that you can find in the Sporting Goods section at Wally world that are air activated and really keep you hands and feet toasty, and not too pricey.   Hunters use them to keep warm in the field.  Keep ups posted. (((HUGS)))
Loki-terr (in training)