News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My invitation to you, fellow pirates

Started by Taffy Saltwater, May 24, 2008, 05:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welsh Wench

*Wenchie pulls her sunglasses down*

New Landsharks, hmmmm?

Mahvelous! Now I need some suntan lotion on my back....
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

CelticOne

Phins up Landsharks Guppy #106 reporting for duty.
The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

Blackjack Roberts

*breaks out the cheeseburgers, grapefruits, and Juicy Fruit gum*

Welcome to the school, Luv!

FINS UP!

Taffy Saltwater

Please join with me in welcoming to the Shiver:

Guppy No. 106, Hellfire Hannah
Landshark No. 107, Squire Mickey Flint
Guppy No. 108, Messyn McCleavage
Guppy No. 109, Julessweetie

Your Phins & Letters of Marque went out last week.   Welcome & Phins UP!
Sveethot!

Blackjack Roberts

Welcome Landsharks and Guppies!

"We are the people there isn't any doubt.
We are the people they still can't figure out.
We are the people who love to sing "Twist and Shout".
(Shake it up, Baby now)
We are the people our parents warned us about."

Fins Up!!

Rani Zemirah

Welcome aboard to the new Landsharks and Guppies!  Cheeseburger, anyone?

Phins UP!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Taffy Saltwater

News out of PHLand:

Jimmy Buffett and the Margaritaville Dolphins
E! Online – Jimmy Buffett and the Margaritaville Dolphins(E! Online) .Josh Grossberg Josh Grossberg – Fri May 1, 7:03 pm ET
Los Angeles (E! Online) – Could it be a matter of time before the Parrotheads supplant the porpoises on the gridiron?

We're not sure what he's cooking up, but "Cheeseburger in Paradise" purveyor Jimmy Buffett is about to begin working in some capacity with the Miami Dolphins.

The Mayor of Margaritaville will join new team owner Stephen M. Ross for a press conference on May 8, during which they're expected to announce to announce a sponsorship deal with the singer-songwriter known for his odes to hedonism.

Details of the pact are being kept under wraps, however the Miami Herald reports that Dolphins Stadium is going to be renamed Landshark Stadium after Buffett's beer, Land Shark Lager, produced in collaboration with Anheuser-Busch.

Ross is also planning a Margaritaville-themed area in the venue which may sport Buffett's Margaritaville restaurant, and word is Ross is also looking to invite the 62-year-old crooner to become a minority owner in the franchise.

The whole effort is aimed at rebooting the Dolphins' image after a string of miserable seasons. Before last fall, the team hadn't made the playoffs in seven years.

Phins up!
Sveethot!

Seamus Ex Machina

Now we know what to do when you have more money than you know what to do with.... ::)

Not a  bad fit, tho...JB and the Dolphins.  Last I heard, he still has a nice little 40 room cottage in Ft Lauderdale,  splitting his down time between there and New England.  He is still adored down here in Floriduh...We were at John's Pass in Madeira Beach for Scurvy Awareness Day this weekend.   The Muzak in all the shoppes is still Classic Buffett. 

And yes, I still have all his CDs, 'cept mebbe the most recent of the series of  live recordings that got redundant.....

'Tho I really think we could have used his magic here in Tampa.   The Buccaneers have had a lousy record the last few seasons, and he is still a pirate at heart, right? 
Legendary Hellraiser