News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How do you wake up and get going in the morning?

Started by Valiss, October 15, 2009, 11:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valiss

Some people get their alarm clocks to blast rock music. Some uses coffee or a shower to wake them up. Some people just let thier dog drag them out of bed. But how do you wake up get going in the morning?

wyckdblyss

I have a one year old who sleeps in the same room with me...much more effective than any alarm clock...then a pot of coffee keeps me up an mobile...
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70

arbcoind

Alarm, coffee, ciggy then shower...now I'm awake.

Gina

RumbaRue

Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

Lord Moravec

If it weren't for the gutter my mind would be homeless.

bellevivre

coffee doesnt like me... and I hate mornings.

Honestly, I let the snooze go for about an hour- by the 6 or 7th time I hit it, I'm up.

That, or i get walked on by a black cat made of dark matter who wants her breakfast....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Francisco Paula

I am kinda a freak. My alarm has only woken me up once in 5 years, most of the time i am up anywhere between 10 minutes to an hour before it goes off and it dosn't matter what time i go to bed either. I can be up and out the door in 15 minutes.

Lady Kett

Alarm clock blaring with AM Radio news. Hit snooze 3 to 6 times and a nice hot shower while hubby makes some really really strong coffee. Loooooove coffee!

Sonata

I have to wash my face first thing, then have a smoke while I catch up on email and message board posts. Since I don't have to get up for work until around 9:30, there are usually at least a few emails and posts to look through.
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

GirlChris

Alarm clock blaring a REALLY annoying morning radio show. It angers me enough that I have to get up out of bed to cross the room and turn it off.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Sir Garath on October 15, 2009, 04:15:42 PM
I am kinda a freak. My alarm has only woken me up once in 5 years, most of the time i am up anywhere between 10 minutes to an hour before it goes off and it dosn't matter what time i go to bed either. I can be up and out the door in 15 minutes.

My alarm is set for 5:15, but I usually wake up between 5-10 minutes earlier before it goes off.  Steve works nights and gets in late, and I hate to have the alarm disturb his sleep that early in the morning, so I guess I just got used to waking up before it goes off.  It is very rare that I sleep till when it rings.  Jump out of bed into the shower, breakfast, check emails, assemble lunch, get dressed then go to work.  I can't be up and out in 15 minutes, though, takes about an hour to get everything done.  Of course, this includes morning time to peruse the forum.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Grov

Alarm at 5am.  Slimfast for fuel.  Mr. Dew for caffeine and sugar.  At least for the last 4 weeks that's been my routine.  Now I might wake up whenever, have lunch or dinner, whichever is appropriate, then go about my day.  ;D
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

ArielCallista

usually my alarm goes off and i snooze it like 5 times before falling off the top bunk (ugh dorm beds!) and stumbling across the room to pop open a can of some form of soda and shove about 3 rice krispie treats in my mouth then stumble out the door to class...I hate mornings...
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Hoowil

Quote from: wyckdblyss on October 15, 2009, 11:39:43 AM
I have a one year old who sleeps in the same room with me...much more effective than any alarm clock...then a pot of coffee keeps me up an mobile...
6 month old, and 2 year old in the room. Don't think I've slept till dawn in at least a few weeks. Well, that's not entirely true. My wife lets me sleep in usually on one of her days off. Then its a long sit in the cushy recliner while they both eat, then breakfast for me. If I can work up the energy, and the time, I fire up the espresso machine and caffeinate myself. If all else fails, my daughter goes and plays with gramma, and I share the first nap of the day with the little one. But soon, this all comes to an end, as my work schedule goes from starting at 12:30 to starting at 6:30. At least I'm used to being up.....
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

kcdcchef

drinking obscene amounts of diet dr. pepper before going to bed, i have found, ensures that an alarm clock blaring is immediately met by a bladder screaming for mercy. voila, i am UP!!