News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 Kansas City Renaissance Festival Pictures - October 2009

Started by kcdcchef, October 15, 2009, 09:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

My Kansas City Renaissance Festival Experience, grand, as usual. Sooooo cold on Saturday the 10th. Monday the 12th not too much warmer. Although I love the cold, so I was in heaven. Some nice new things this season, the cupcakes were good, coulda been softer, loved the pumpkin lady. Couple other new merchants that were excellent. Saw a couple shows I hadnt taken in - in a few years thanks to some other standbys not being there. And oh how I missed you Musical Blades and John Mallory!!

The Shire looked amazing as usual, there was some nice detail work done here and there you really had to look for, landscaping in a few spots, new signage here and there, but still noticed!! I think if I mentioned that crepe sign one more time, Jackie woulda killed me!!

Cannot wait to see everyone again next year, nice meeting Finvarra, seeing old friends from years past, and the others I met who's names escape me just now. Great show folks, GREAT SHOW!!! See you in 2010!

Master Shakespeare making momma humor at The Chess Match. Great character, good job Will!!

It was 32F, and breezy. And the Well Wenches still did their thing, doing a grand job as usual. Great job ladies!!

The Jolly Rogers being Jolly...................

I think the last time I saw the Mallory family had to be 2000, he is such a treat.

My new friend, the honorable Finvarra

The Musical Blades performing at Pub Sing, with a bra on one of their heads. And bloomers all around. TOO FUNNY.

The Front Gate Finale, first time I stayed long enough to hear the cannon go in about 10 years probably. Usually I bail after Pub Sing.

Three Lions, all deserted following Pub Sing on Monday the 12th, around 6:45pm. I always feel sad when I see the Shire for the last time each season

The wife and I attempting to stay warm on Monday, the 12th. Not as bad as Saturday though.

How can you not love this guy.

I am in love with this gate. Always have been, always will be.

The Pumpkin lady, had a ball watching her work. I think she is new, I dont recall seeing her in the past. She may have been around though.

Butch

Nice photos!  Thanks for posting them!  I saw most of these guys opening weekend.  Great time!  I don't remember so many layers of clothing though...?

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on October 16, 2009, 01:39:58 PM
Nice photos!  Thanks for posting them!  I saw most of these guys opening weekend.  Great time!  I don't remember so many layers of clothing though...?

is that the last time you went, opening weekend? you and i are polar opposites homey! i generally go either closing weekend, or the one right before. closing is my favorite, i absolutely adore being there for all the final fun, so enjoyable to see all the acts do it the last time!!

kcrf has a great variance in weather between labor day and columbus day. 100F all the way down to 30F!!

CelticOne

So familiar but yet different...then again the last time I was there I was younger and shorter so my perspectives have changed. I fully intend on sneaking down there soon, maybe with luck next year.
The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

Steev

Thanks for the pics.  Looks lovely.  We couldn't make it this year but we're on for next.  Gotta get back to our old haunts.  See you next season, I'll write you a heads-up so we can hopefully meet up.  S
Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Steev on November 06, 2009, 10:14:04 PM
Thanks for the pics.  Looks lovely.  We couldn't make it this year but we're on for next.  Gotta get back to our old haunts.  See you next season, I'll write you a heads-up so we can hopefully meet up.  S

please. love to meet fellow kc renfest forumers.