News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

This weekend for Sherwood - A visit to the Hogeye Festival

Started by Alex, October 23, 2009, 12:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

My fellow Merry Men and Women:

This weekend is the 22nd Annual Hogeye Festival, held in Old Town Elgin.  While it is a celebration of all things pork, it's an excellent opportunity to show our enthusiasm for the faire.  Elgin is the closest large(ish) town to the west of the Faire, and the festival claims to attract some 20,000 patrons.  This should be a great opportunity!

What I'm looking for is people to descend upon the Hogeye Festival in garb to try to promote the faire.  Whether we pamphlet or not will be determined by the local constabulary, but I should have plenty of fliers available.

The weather forecast currently calls for a high of 76 degrees and no rain.

Who: You!
What: Costumed fun at the Hogeye Festival
When: Saturday October 24th, 10am to 6pm, or whenever you want to be there =)
Where: Old Town Elgin, TX
Why: Because we love Sherwood

I'll be happy to provide fliers, cold drinks, and can coordinate carpooling efforts (I live in Elgin).

By all means, please feel free to talk about it on-list.  Please email me off-list to confirm and to get my contact information so we can kick this shindig off right.

Thanks, and I hope to see you there!

Alex Koreneff
(Masquerading as The Crier of Sherwood Forest... until I'm caught)

ThreeAcreRanch Soaps

Alex, I'm going to be a vendor there, please drop of flyers by my booth!  I won't be in garb, but will tell all I can about it.  I'll be selling hand made soap.  My company is Three Acre Ranch Soaps.  I'm not sure what booth number I am though or where it will be.