News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sharp Pointy things

Started by Monsignor de Beaumanoir, October 23, 2009, 12:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Does anyone know if CRF will allow a 13' lance with Beausant pennant to be carried within its borders? It does have a European lance head on it.

I'm trying to pack, and need to know what I can bring..........

justsomeguytn

What kind of vehicle do you have that you can fit a 13 foot lance?  Also I think they don't allow long axes or polearms.  It seems like I read that somewhere but I can't remember for sure.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

That would be an F150 Supercrew. The lance is placed in the bed, with plety of overhang. A warning penant is attached.

Raibeart OShea

I just called down to the administrative office and asked if they will allow a 13' lance into the festival grounds.  They say that they will allow you to bring this lance into the grounds.  The official word is from the Security Co-ordinator.  I asked if you'd need to reference someone's name to guarantee entry and the receptionist said that they security personnel at the gate will be aware of the fact that you'll be bringing a 13' lance and you should have no problems.  They did specify that if there were any problems with said lance, they'd ask it to leave and probably you with it...but I'm guessing that won't be necessary.

If you see me there, holler...we'll grab a beer.
Latha math dhuibh.
Raibeart O'Shea
HomeFaire: CRF
Attended: NCRF 09, GARF 09, 10
Plans to attend: Them ALL.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Awesome...thanks! I'll be looking for ya, but you'll probably see my penant first...... :P

Femme Falchion

That means you'll have to be on your BEST behavior Brother Beaumanior and keep that lance under control, no threatening the good folks who are having fun and naturally following the old ways   :D :P ;D
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

It appears that I will make this trip without lance, due to special considerations. Thanks for the help though, I'll keep an eye out for you just the same.