News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

List of trusted online garb shops

Started by TKM, October 26, 2009, 02:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKM

ok, well i'll add a notice by its link on the first post, then

Nailin

I couldn't help but throw in my two cents when I saw someone else's complaint - I'm in the same boat with RoyalCoffers/Majestic Velvet - I too ordered a set of garb (bodice, skirt, chemise) off of them through EBay - What I got was a bodice in another fabric, that was too short in the torso and rode up, it also bleeds black dye on the chemise -  The skirt was too short and the fabric too thin - I had to have the skirt fixed into a spilt skirt & lengthen - The bodice needed to be tighten - The sleeves were too short - I spent 120$ only to spend about another $40 or $50 to salvage it - In RC's defense she did offer to fix it but, there was no time as I received the garb about a week before faire (I was on cast) -Thankfully, I had a friend who was kind enough to fix it as much as possible - This was in Feb 08' - Okay, I will now stop beating the dead horse after nearly two years - On a very positive note I had wonderful success buying wench garb with the Tudor Shoppe in 06' and am extremely pleased with the quality of the skirts and bodice - I'm now getting off the soap box - Nailin'
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

TKM

yes, the tudor shoppe indeed is a wonderful vendor. i'd hold a fight with anyone who wants to argue any different.

spikey

I noticed one of the great garb shops is not on this list.   www.stimpzillasumptuarylaw.com
We have had almost all of our garb made by her, and she has exceeded our expectations every time!

squiregaby

The Cloak Company on Ebay....by VonLancelot.

I recieved a stunning new bodice on saturday!!  Absolutely gorgeous and fits like a dream!
VERY fast shipping rate....usually next day shipping.
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

Ambrosine

I'm in love with the Cloak Company by Von Lancelot, I have two corset,s a skirt and two capes from him, they are very nice quality and being on ebay they were a steal. I will warn though the boning in his corsets are plastic so they do not pull you in as tight.
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

Steev

Have to add a shout out to Greentree weaving.  Just bought a silk ruana for my lovely wife- pricey but oh-so-wonderful.  And have to point out that for a hand woven garment, the price is more than understandable.  Now if only I can save 900 bucks for the home grown, hand spun, hand woven ruana for myself...
Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

TKM

thanks guys. im in a bit of a hurry now, but ill get links to all those on the first post before the end of the day.

Steev

Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

TKM

thanks everyone. that Cloak Company actually looks quite intriguing, I may have to see for myself some time.

Aelynn of Georgina

I'm wondering if there any Canadian based garbers/shops out there?  I wouldn't hesitate to order from many of these garbers, except that the ones I've seen (and really liked) are US based.  I don't mind paying the US funds, but the big thing for me is the suprise at the door upon delivery and I get charged a "duty" amount and "brokerage" fees almost equal to what I've already paid.  Are there any Canadians out there that can tell me about their experience in ordering garb from the US?  Or better yet, if there are any reputable garbers north of the border?  I am looking to order a substantial amount of garb (need to outfit my husband, my two daughters, and possibly something for myself) before faire season begins.  I can sew myself, but I can't find patterns for the styles I want, so even if anyone could help me with finding patterns that would be helpful too.

TIA for any input. :)

Cheers,
Aelynn

Rowan MacD

Quote from: TKM on November 24, 2009, 11:20:51 PM
yes, the tudor shoppe indeed is a wonderful vendor. i'd hold a fight with anyone who wants to argue any different.
The Tudor shoppe introduced me to Sofi's Stiches (items on the site are indicated by SS in the ID number) and Likely Lotus (LL in the product ID)
   I still buy from both Tudor Shoppe and sometimes directly from both of the above vendors.   You absolutely cannot go wrong with these vendors, the gowns are stunning and the garb sturdy and very well made.  I particularly like that Tudor Shoppe does not sell for more or less than what you would pay the vendor if you bought directly. 
   I also like Tiger Togs for shirts and vests.  Always interesting color and pattern combinations there.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lord Virgo

thehighlandanvil@yahoo.com

They do not have a website or a catalog but I emailed them and requested a custom Surcoat and matching shirt and I really could not be happier.  Reasonable price and pretty quick turnaround from order.  Check them out.

LV
XTREEM HORN LORD
THE WRONG ONE CAMP
SHAME THY SELF
TIS FOLLY

Lady Christina de Pond

www.gipsypeddler.com

look for my new hat to be part of gallery of finished projects it's a blank slate or was the day i got it
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

crobindonkey

I am looking for an online source for cotton leggings/tights for my husband.  He is very active, and is hard on his garb.

Thanks in advance