Ye Olde Crafting Corner > Crafts and Projects

Knitting - By Loom and By Hand (Patterns, Suggestions, Discussions)

<< < (2/8) > >>

Erynn:
Ravelry has a huge knitting and crochet pattern database, plus many other useful features. It isn't open to the public yet, but you can still get an account and use it. I think Casey said the wait time is only 1 day now. Once its open to the public you will be able to get to everything without an account, but you won't be able to post things (I think) or keep a note book.

Lady Donegan:
Knitting loom question:

when making a hat for an adult, when choosing your loom you pick green or yellow (according to the kniffty knitters set). Is the size also determined  by the length of the tube?  I find that even though I use the right size loom I stiil make my hats too small.

Magister:
Lady Donegan:

I can give you a "non-experts" opinion.  I don't know if I would say the "size" of the hat (circumference around the head) is determined by the depth of the bowl, but certainly the comfort, and style is.

A hat that stretches to go around the head, but can only be pulled down a little ways wouldn't be very practical, and might be called "too small". 

Have you tried making the bowl of a hat a little larger than you think necessary and seeing if that makes a difference? 

I'd be interested in hearing from people more experienced with round looms on this too.

Lady Donegan:

--- Quote from: Magister on May 30, 2008, 06:58:58 PM ---Lady Donegan:

I can give you a "non-experts" opinion.  I don't know if I would say the "size" of the hat (circumference around the head) is determined by the depth of the bowl, but certainly the comfort, and style is.

A hat that stretches to go around the head, but can only be pulled down a little ways wouldn't be very practical, and might be called "too small". 

Have you tried making the bowl of a hat a little larger than you think necessary and seeing if that makes a difference? 

I'd be interested in hearing from people more experienced with round looms on this too.

--- End quote ---
No I haven't,  I am asking before hand before I start.  I kinda figured thats how it worked, but I am not an expert either lol.

cassietheig:
Does anyone have a good snood pattern to suggest? I would love to make one for my outfit.

I found one on Ravelry that was pretty much a straight knit (fabulous site btw ...) but I would also like to find one that has more of a lace look to it.

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version