News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Start planning for the 2009 Joplin Keltoi Renaissance Festival right now!

Started by sir cornelious, May 26, 2008, 05:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sir cornelious

After a tremendous first year, plans are well under way for next year's Festival. 2009 will move to a hard site, and will remain there. The site is a beautiful working Winery just North of Joplin, Missouri. Construction is under way for stages, buildings, pubs and a whole lot more! Our first year we had planned to be at the Winery, however, we felt we did not have enough permanent structures to handle the amount of people expected, so it was moved to a City Park. The first year ended with 54 vendors, 27 professional acts, 90+ street characters and excellent attendance. 2009 will be extending to two weekends April 18-19 and April 25-26. Make plans now to attend, don't miss out on what will be one of the fastest growing events in Southwest Missouri!

www.joplinrenfestival.com

Craigmeister

Huzzah!  That's great news!  I had lots of fun at JRF this year.  It was definitely worth my 4 hour round trip.  I was amazed at how well it was organized for a first year fest.  The atmosphere was great, there were ample booths & the acts were good.  Do you think that on the hard site, room will be set up for working trebuchets? 
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

girlmacbeth

I got welcomed in to the joplin ren faire i'm so excited to be a part of it yippeee

dragonswitch

We couldn't make the Joplin faire this year but we're hoping to attend in 2009.