News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Remake of Clash of the Titans

Started by Lord Dragonspyre, November 11, 2009, 12:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dragonspyre

Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

Sir William Marcus

Interesting indeed!  Been looking forward to it for sometime. I just hope it lives up to all its expectations!

Unleash the Kraken!!!

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

ladybootlegger

Has anyone seen this movie??

I saw that it is now for sale on DVD, and I dearly loved the first one. However, I never heard anything about this movie... good or bad.
I'm the one going to Hell, you were only watching.
~Billy Connolly

angusmacinnes

The special effects were good but I didnt care much for the movie.  I thought the original was much better.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

LadyFae

I love the original...  I have yet to see this new version.
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Dragonlord

**spoiler alert**
I'm with Angus on this.  I liked the special effects but there was no character development.  It was like you didn't care if he saved the princess from the Krakken.  So as far as story, I liked the original better.

Craigmeister

I actually liked this one.  The FX were really good and I enjoyed the plot as well.  Plus, there was no annoying, whistling, robotic owl flitting around through the show.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Craigmeister

I watched "Clash Of The Titans" on dvd yesterday.  After I saw it in the theater last year, I heard that it also was shown in 3D.  While watching it on t.v., it became obvious that it was set up for the third dimension.  How did the actors not crack up at some of the cheesey shots?

I still like the movie.  It has an unexpected twist at the end.  Huzzah!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

BLAKDUKE

I too am with Angus.  Talos, in the first movie, was more animated and had better acting skills than the lead character in this one.  I thought he was covered in day old cement.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel