News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Dad in Hospital

Started by Zardoz, November 04, 2009, 06:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zardoz

Well, after having chest pains for about 12 hours, my dad (age 78) drove his sportscar down to his family doctor, who promply had him transported to the hospital! He had what they call a "mild cardiac event". The blockage seems to have cleared up, but they are gonna observe him for a few days. He's a tough old guy, I'm sure he'll hang in there fine.
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Taffy Saltwater

Prayers for a happy, healthy dad for many years to come speeding your way, m'dear.
Sveethot!

wyckdblyss

You and your Dad are in my thoughts...sending healing energy your Dad's way.
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70

Zardoz

Thanks y'all,  I visited the old man today. He's in the cardiac care unit, so I didn't know what to expect.  He was sitting up in bed, watching golf on TV, BSing nurses, and eating a nicer looking lunch than I had today. If it wasn't for all the tubes and wires, you'd think he was on vacation. They're gonna keep him till Monday, but it looks pretty good at this time.
IBRSC# 1619,

wyckdblyss

So glad to hear it Hun...Mind if I ask which hospital?
WyckdBlyss,

Zardoz

Quote from: wyckdblyss on November 06, 2009, 08:42:24 AM
So glad to hear it Hun...Mind if I ask which hospital?

Memorial Herman
IBRSC# 1619,

lordwriothsley

Sorry I caught this thread late but I'm so glad to hear that your dad is doing well and in good spirits Zardoz. I will however send prayers and good thoughts his way. Please keep us updated on how he is doing.

God Bless you as always my friend.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

wyckdblyss

I know your Dad is in good hands...Memorial Herman is a wonderful hospital. They took excellent care of my Dad during his stay. Hope all is still going well. *HUGS*
WyckdBlyss,

RenRobin

I have your father in my prayers Zar.
Loki-terr (in training)