News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Black Friday Shopping

Started by Butch, November 16, 2009, 10:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dragonspyre

I'm usually at TRF on Black Friday, so no...
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

saphire_glade

Seems I am one of the few who enjoys shopping on blackfriday. I have been known to stake out a Best Buy starting at 10pm on Thanksgiving itself.

I love working my way through the crowd, watching the crazy people fight over objects, and all the people in Santa Suits *don't ask*.

The only time I haven't loved black friday shopping is when last year I was in target and an older woman decided not to go around my ankle, but instead ram her cart into my ankle as many times as necessary to get through it.

This year I am looking for a camera and a camecorder, I would like to have some pictures of fest stuff to post, as well as my wedding.
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Butch

Check out the camcorder Radio Shack has for BF.  Pretty good.

Capt. Morgan

Ahhh...the Christmas shopping starts earlier every year....*sigh*

http://www.youtube.com/sncmusic#p/a/u/0/7E-47VmFopE

I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

renfairephotog

Amazon  has Black Friday deals now. Look for link in upper right corner.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Butch

Lady Rebecca

So as it turns out, I couldn't go with my friend to middle-of-nowhere, TX. Which means I can go to Black Friday! I'm going to hit Target (not necessarily at 5am - we'll see about that) and try to find some cheap twin sheets, and a new copy of Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, since I've used mine out.  :o I'm getting excited!

Butch

This thread is 3 years old!  Anybody going out this year?

Norfolk

No.  I'll stay home and hit myself in the head with a ball peen hammer.  Repeatedly.  It is less painful that way.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Ms Trish

Quote from: Norfolk on November 13, 2012, 10:01:07 AM
No.  I'll stay home and hit myself in the head with a ball peen hammer.  Repeatedly.  It is less painful that way.
Okay, that made me laugh. But no, I'll be skipping Black Friday too. Unless I find something online I can't live without. Crowds (when not on a faire or fair ground) are to be avoided!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

It all seems to start on Thursday now - completely ruined the Christmas spirit (you know, when you used to go at 4 in the morning on Friday and get into a brawl over a cheap piece of crap !!  :P )
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

I had to miss the last 2 yrs, due to my work schedule.  Getting it off this year (it's also my birthday!), so will brave the crowds.  Not gonna go out Thurs night.  Gonna get a game-plan together and attack the stores (if there's anything we need for gift giving!)  Should be fun!

arbcoind

No!  I shop online only.

Gina

Merlin the Elder

I have been informed that Wal-Mart and Target will be open Thursday.  Neither one will be getting any of my business. There are threats of a strike by Wal-Mart employees for Friday if they are made to work on Thursday.  This is the epitome of corporate greed.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rowan MacD

My daughter dragged me to exactly two Black Fridays.
 Never again.
I don't need anything so badly that it is worth getting up at zero-ungodly-hour on a day off after a late night,  freezing my tail for 45 minutes, and then getting in there just to find that the store had only 5 of the items we were waiting for, and those, of course, were gone to the first 2 people in the door, who were allowed to buy them all.   Even if it was a 1 per person limit, there were still 10 people ahead of us that had been out there for 3-4+ hours.  By then all the other really good deals were long gone (at least on the desirable stuff) so the whole operation was a waste of time.  No one in our group got anything decent that they really wanted at BF prices, and this happened both times.  
  Sooooo not worth the trouble.  Target and Walmart have their Black Friday stuff available online, so if you just have to have another TV, go there.

People who like it say BF is about the experience, not the deals.
   The only thing I experienced was wasted time.  It was not exhilarating in the least, and I can do without seeing the nasty side of human nature up close and personal, thank you.  I just do not have the "I'll camp in line for 2 days for an IPhone" mentality, which I think is necessary for actually enjoying that madness.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt