News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

movie sequel to Twilight set

Started by Lady_Glorianna, December 17, 2008, 09:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CassandraR

I, as I did with the Harry Potter books, did not join on to reading them until they were all out.  There is nothing I hate more than reading a good story, only to get to the end and find out that there is more- BUT not written yet...and have to wait a year plus to read it. 
So with Twilight, I saw the movie first.  From the movie I got the strong impression that there was a lot more going on then could be conveyed in film.  So, I got the first book...yeah- I couldn't put it down (although, I still can't quite put my finger on the reason why I couldn't put it down) and proceeded the next day (because I read the darned thing in one sitting) to face the fierce storm outside, ended up drenched and cold, just to get the next 3 books. 
Since, I have seen the movie several times more, read Midnight Sun (which she BETTER finish!!!), and went to the release party last night.  Obsessed!  Hah- no....just don't get in my way if there happens to be something Twilight nearby...

I liked the cast of Twilight- thougth it was good.  But, am nervous about the next film (and any subsequent films) because I am hoping that the actors take it to the next level.  Because as is- I can't imagine these actors in a movie version of Breaking Dawn.
SHUTTING UP NOW because unfortunately I could go on....and on...
Loved by the gods
Cursed by the gods
Entangler of men
Confuser of men
It's always a good day to be Cassandra

GypsyWriter

Cassandra, it is (as you said) difficult to determine why the Twilight books get so into our hearts/under our skin, but I believe it can be summarized in one word: MAGIC.  The books cast a spell that takes us beyond "suspension of disbelief."  I tried to explain this intense feeling in an article that was published in the Forks (WA) Forum.  Here's the online link, if you're interested in taking a look:

http://www.forksforum.com/Twilight2/articleDetail.exm/Index/article/2008-11-15_Twilight_pilgrimage/
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

Athena

I'm loving these books! I've got the movie in my Netflix queue, and can't wait to see it. I've read mixed reviews about it, but I'm still checking it out.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb