News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Forum outage and upgrade.

Started by Tom, January 11, 2013, 08:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

The forum will be down for an upgrade on January 17, 2013 from 1AM to 7AM. This outage is to allow us to move to the current version of the forum software. If you have any questions please let me know!
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

DeadBishop

Once this happens I will have to work on making the new forum look like the current version.  We will lose the current White/Blue/Gold Minerva theme, but I will make sure we have options. 

R/F.com member since 2003

DonaCatalina

Thanks for the warning; I guess no castle that day.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyFae

Quote from: DeadBishop on January 11, 2013, 09:08:25 PM
Once this happens I will have to work on making the new forum look like the current version.  We will lose the current White/Blue/Gold Minerva theme, but I will make sure we have options. 

Gotta keep you busy and out of trouble!   ;D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Merlin the Elder

I GOTTA get new glasses... I thought that said "Forum Outrage."
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

LissaRoisin

IWG #3491
IFRP #1486
Loveland Castleteer
Captain of the Wenches Desire

Tom

As you can probably tell with the changes the forum upgrade is complete. There is still work to be done but the heavy lifting should be done. Please reply to the thread in RF Updates with any errors you may get, it would be good to know the date and time too to help track down the inevitable bugs.

Thank you for your patience!
Thanks,

Tom

BubbleWright

giffigesady is our 1st spammer on the new forum, with well over 200 postings. Death to spammers! >:(

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

renfairephotog

I killed some of the spam posts,
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Tom

I brought out the mighty BAN HAMMER! :)
Thanks,

Tom

DeadBishop

I'm working on finding a more suitable "skin" for the forum at the moment.  Also, spam monitoring appears to be much easier with the upgrade.

R/F.com member since 2003

LadyFae

Holy crap!  We're HUGE all of a sudden!!!!!   :o  I'm guessing it's a fixable glitch, right?  Please?   ;)
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

LissaRoisin

I am having trouble accessing the forum using Chrome and Firefox. It says it has a redirect loop. I've tried clearing my cache and cookies. Is this just me?
IWG #3491
IFRP #1486
Loveland Castleteer
Captain of the Wenches Desire

Tom

Quote from: LadyFae on January 21, 2013, 09:07:13 PM
Holy crap!  We're HUGE all of a sudden!!!!!   :o  I'm guessing it's a fixable glitch, right?  Please?   ;)

Fixed, sorry about that.
Thanks,

Tom

Tom

Quote from: Lissa Roisin on January 21, 2013, 09:18:20 PM
I am having trouble accessing the forum using Chrome and Firefox. It says it has a redirect loop. I've tried clearing my cache and cookies. Is this just me?

I haven't had a problem with FireFox, I'll load a VM to test Chrome and see what happens. Sorry you're having problems.
Thanks,

Tom