News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Weather at Bristol

Started by Tamtaro, July 18, 2016, 11:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamtaro

Waiting for a lovely weekend forecast to jump the my car with my sister & drive 7 hours to Bristol!!  I loved the Friends of Faire garden last year - it really helped beat the heat.  I hope the weekends haven't been too brutal so far! 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Was just there Saturday the 16th and although warm, the great shade and breeze made for a great day !
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Renee Buchanan

This coming Saturday, high of 91, around 50% humidity, and chance of a showe, 10%.

Sunday, high 86, humidity 55-75%, chance of rain during faire hours, up to 45%.

We're going Sunday, and it sounds like a typical miserable Bristol heatwave day.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

RefMom3

In case you hadn't seen the announcement, they've increased the daily cost for the FoF area; it's now $10 instead of $5.

Tamtaro

Bristol does have nice shady lanes.  I'm glad you had a great day Gauwyn!  I forget, is Bristol your closest-to-home festival?
Sunday's 80s sound nicer than 90s.  Think cooling thoughts & I hope you have a great time, Lady Renee!
Thanks for the tip RefMom3 - I didn't know they raised the price.  I think $10 is not the amazing deal $5 was, but still worth it.  I wish KC would implement something similar.

I'll keep watching the extended forecast & keep my fingers crossed for a tiny tad cooler! :)
And keep dreaming of cloak weather! *sigh*

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Minnesota is the closest, unless you  talk small faires, then we have 1 that is only a half hour away.  But, KC, Bristol, St Louis and Minnesota are all less than 5 hours - almost the same
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: RefMom3 on July 19, 2016, 08:58:57 AM
In case you hadn't seen the announcement, they've increased the daily cost for the FoF area; it's now $10 instead of $5.

I was thinking we paid $10 last year... but, I had had a couple of ales...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on July 19, 2016, 01:53:54 PM
Quote from: RefMom3 on July 19, 2016, 08:58:57 AM

I was thinking we paid $10 last year... but, I had had a couple of ales...

they probably did charge YOU 10, and they figured that was a discount :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

RefMom3

You did pay $10...for yourself and thy Lovely Bride ;)
They also are keeping track over the season, so you're allowed a guest pass 3 time, and after that you have to buy a membership. But if you go that often, and use the Garden each time, I think it's a valid requirement.
I don't know when I'll go again. There are some performers I want to see who won't be coming until later in the season, but I'm getting that feeling that I have to "go somewhere," and Bristol is only an hour and a half away, so it's much the easier solution ;)

Gauwyn of Bracknell

yes, there are some acts later in the season I would like to see, but our annual visit to Bristol only works in July.  I do really like seeing Dylan Robertson though.  Wish he would travel a bit more.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell