News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Knights of Avalon Full Contact Jousting Troup

Started by Valiss, July 14, 2008, 03:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valiss

Last year "The Knights of Avalon Full Contact Jousting Troup" came to NorCal Ren Faire and did a tourny, but I did not get a chance to see them.  Well, the website (http://www.norcalrenfaire.com/) lists them again this years so I think they will be returning.  I was thinking of going to check out their show/jousts.

Has anyone ever seen one of thier shows?  Are they worth driving over to see them in action?  Thanks in advance.

BLAKDUKE

I have never seen them but I would venture to guess that ANY full contact jousting troup is worth traveling to see.
JMHO  I could be wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Valiss

Let me ask you though, are these typically staged events with pre-determined outcomes or is it a true sporting event?  Either way, I'm sure it's a  good show, but just curous.

Arsinoe Selene

I watched the Knights of Mayhem this weekend. Same idea as Knights of Avalon, different people, different name. They are a full contact group, too.

I'm almost positive that it is not a pre-determined outcome. They have plate that they strap to their armor, so if the lance hits, it will shatter and not just glance off. One guy did get thrown off his horse.

It was a great show/event. Some of it did seem a bit planned, but I'm not sure. Got some pictures, but they are hard copies, not from a digital.

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Valiss on July 17, 2008, 03:35:26 PM
Let me ask you though, are these typically staged events with pre-determined outcomes or is it a true sporting event?  Either way, I'm sure it's a  good show, but just curous.

I will go out on a limb here and state that full contact jousting is NOT predetermined.  At least not with the crew that I work with.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel