News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

First year in garb

Started by Lady Heidi of Cordova, September 25, 2014, 08:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Heidi of Cordova

Hello,

My name is Heidi, and this will be my 3rd year at CRF. I live really close and I really enjoy it ;D. I am planning to go in "garb" 8) (and in character) for the first time this year.

I am making garb for myself and my husband, and will be posting more in the sewing forum soon.

I would love to get to know some others who will be there.

Would anyone like to make acquaintance with a newbie playtron? :)

Orphena

Lady Heidi, it will be my first visit to your shire, but I have been in garb for many years. I'd be delighted to meet you. We will be there in October - the weekend of the 18th & 19th, and I'll be in my gold gown - the sleeves and forepart (underskirt) are interchangeable, so no guesses on what colour I will be in, but look for the tall noble couple, and come by and say hi! We will wear our RF pins, and a small wooden maple leaf (Canadians!)

Orphena  "OR-Fee-Na"
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

Chelsy

When will you be there, Heidi? It's our third year in the shire as well, and we'll be up the weekend of October 11th. It'll be three of us: a young couple (that's me and my fiance) in garb, and then my grandma in mundanes. I'm ginger and wear mostly crimson/maroon and my fiance will probably wear a red cape. If you see us, let us know! :D
TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)

Lady Heidi of Cordova

Thank you for your responses.  ;D I will definitely look for you all those weekends if I am there. If all goes as planned, I will be wearing my upper class gown. It is hunter green ( silk look) with gold forepart and mauve sleeves. I am about 5'8 with brownish red hair depending on the light.

Will update if I finish my middle class or peasant garb.

I live only 14 miles/22.5 kilometers away- so still debating how often I want to go/season tickets possibly.

I look forward to meeting up with others who would love to "play 16th century" with me/us.

Anyone else? This section of the forum seems so bare.

Chelsy

Quote from: Lady Heidi of Cordova on September 29, 2014, 11:37:16 AM

I live only 14 miles/22.5 kilometers away- so still debating how often I want to go/season tickets possibly.

If you can afford it, get season passes! I'm down in Charleston, so it's a 3 hour ride for me, or I'd be there a lot more often. The fact that I'm getting married this year one of the faire weekends really cuts down on opportunities too. :P
TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)

Lady Heidi of Cordova

Congratulations Chelsy on your upcoming wedding :) and thank you for your recomendation. If you can make it at all let me know to look for you.

hitchhiker90

This will be my 3rd or 4th year going and I'll be there this weekend and probably every weekend. Thank you season pass :)  I'm either a pirate in blue or a pirate in black.  I know, very descriptive.

Chelsy

TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)

Ice Mage

Not sure if we will make it this year, but I hope.
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.