News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Charlevoix Renaissance Faire

Started by L Dale Walter, May 22, 2008, 09:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L Dale Walter

Castle Farms Hosts First Annual Charlevoix Renaissance Faire!

First annual Charlevoix Renaissance Festival opening June 7th!

Be a part of the magic at the first annual Charlevoix Renaissance Festival at Castle Farms on June 7th at 10am as Castle Farms transforms into a medieval village filled with artisans, food and entertainment for the entire family! Enjoy an affordable family friendly weekend at a real castle as the stage combat team, Knights of Iron, bring the Adventures of Robin Hood to life before your eyes.

There's something for everyone, the young and the young at heart will find adventure here! Relish in the recreation of a medieval time period as you stroll among skilled artisans where you can shop for jewelry, pottery, period weapons and treats of all sorts! Enjoy the magnificent music and dancing of the Tartan Terrors during the Celtic Celebration.  Partake in savory food and drink fit to satisfy your every hunger and thirst! The children will awe at the amazing Birds of the Gauntlet or the unique magic of Doc Dixon.  Thrill to the knights on horseback in hard hitting jousting action 3 times a day!

The Castle, built in 1918, has previously been a dairy farm, a museum and was a well-known concert venue. Extensive restoration by the current owners, Linda and Richard Mueller, has also made the castle a premier wedding site.

Now, the castle will serve as the magnificent backdrop for one of the biggest events to come to Charlevoix in recent years. Don't miss the adventure June 7-8 and 14-15 at the Charlevoix Renaissance Festival at Castle Farms.

Charlevoix Renaissance Festival is located as Castle Farms; 5052 M-66 N Charlevoix, Michigan.

Times: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Open Rain or Shine
No pets – Service Animals Welcome
Admission: Gate - Adults: $13.95
Children (ages 5-12): $7.95
Children 4 and under: free

For more information go to www.castlefarms.com

sealion

We are looking forward to visiting the second weekend (graduation parties to attend the first weekend).
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

darkranger

I can't wait to get the season started. I live close by so gas is not a big deal, but I'm a little worried about getting down to Mi.RF :D
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

sealion

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive place to stay for June 14? We don't need anything fancy, just a clean comfortable bed.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Ladyfair

I do not know about lodging up there, I am still trying to figure out how to get around the Zilwaki bridge that is closed down...... so far it looks like going straight across the state and then up..... because I-75 at that bridge is shut down for repairs....sombody cut through a wrong cable....

So this is a heads up for anyone who was planning on taking I-75 north.....major detour.....and headache....
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

L Dale Walter

QuoteZilwaki bridge that is closed down...... so far it looks like going straight across the state and then up..... because I-75 at that bridge is shut down for repairs....sombody cut through a wrong cable....

So this is a heads up for anyone who was planning on taking I-75 north.....major detour.....and headache....

The detour is no big deal.  I did it many times this winter.  It just routes you around on I-675.  A couple of miles out of your way.  Nothing major.

L. Dale Walter
Assistant General Manager
SLRF Productions

darkranger

Sorry life got in the way again. To those that made it up as I did it was alot of fun, both weekends .I can't wait till next year! ;D
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

darkranger

Just a thought but shouldn't Charlevoix Renaissance Fair have it's own place on the form after all they are, what 4 hours apart. PS how are things looking for next year?
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

Kathleen MacLeod

I believe the Charlevoix Ren Faire is styled almost completely after Silver Leaf, which would explain why it's being discussed in here :)
Sometimes you can't wait for the storm to pass; you have to just get out there and dance in the rain.

L Dale Walter

QuoteI believe the Charlevoix Ren Faire is styled almost completely after Silver Leaf,

SLRF Productions, the company that puts on Silver Leaf was hired to produce the Charlevoix Ren Faire, thus the simularities.  However, as Mid America produces several faires, and they all have their own boards, CRF should really have it's own.  However:

Quote from: darkranger on August 19, 2008, 09:08:48 AM
PS how are things looking for next year?
I got word from the people at Castle Farms that they will not be doing a ren faire next year, SO there is really no point to having a CRF board.

On that note;  there has been a lot of talk about how SLRF Productions lost a ton of money at CRF and will not be opening SLRF next year because of it.  Wrong.  Look at it like this:  If a bar (Castle Farms) hires a band (SLRF Productions) to play there (put on a ren faire) and then they don't get the numbers they thought they would (do to amazingly hopeful predictions.  The faire did great for a first year show drawing 3612 over 4 days with one rain day!) THE BAND STILL GETS PAID! 

Sometimes it is good to be the band.

L. Dale Walter
Assistant General Manager
SLRF Productions

darkranger

How sad, from an outsiders view it seem to go well a fair amount of people and they seem to be spending money! Well maybe there will be a change of heart.  ;)
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

darkranger

any chance there might be a fest. at a different location?
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

L Dale Walter

>any chance there might be a fest. at a different location?

Have not heard anything from anyone. 

Given the ecconomy, I would say no.

LDW

darkranger

well its been 2 years any more thought about a Fair up in this area?
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

L Dale Walter

I have heard nothing, still...

Dale