News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

BS and the Pgh Renfest. Hey it rhymes:)

Started by Sadira, August 26, 2009, 06:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadira

I almost peed myself when I read this article.

Quote from Article
"Jim Paradise Jr. says he has the right to operate his festival, which runs on weekends from June 14 to Aug. 3, however he sees fit. He gets plenty of applications from locals, and he thinks hiring them might help the business grow through word of mouth. He also thinks festival-goers would enjoy seeing more local musicians and entertainers with "ownership" in the event. He says he'll retain traveling artisans and those with unusual skills, like animal trainers."

Read the whole article and folks comments...
http://www.csindy.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A26502

How many local acts do we have left?????

Sadira

oh and I'm not trying to spread or infect negativity. Just found this funny contradiction and thought I would share. So before you get all tempered take a breathe and just laugh.

Master James

Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Demetrius

Quote from: Sadira on August 26, 2009, 06:58:02 AM

Exactly 492... and an occasional hamster here and there (though no hamsters with dreds- sorry...).
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

lonerose79

Lord Censorship Hamster

Quote from: Sadira on August 26, 2009, 06:58:02 AM
I almost peed myself when I read this article.

Quote from Article
"Jim Paradise Jr. says he has the right to operate his festival, which runs on weekends from June 14 to Aug. 3, however he sees fit. He gets plenty of applications from locals, and he thinks hiring them might help the business grow through word of mouth. He also thinks festival-goers would enjoy seeing more local musicians and entertainers with "ownership" in the event. He says he'll retain traveling artisans and those with unusual skills, like animal trainers."

Read the whole article and folks comments...
http://www.csindy.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A26502

We're sorry, the comment you made was deemed to negative. Please refrain from sharing your opinions if they do not meet the standard happiness rating of 5 or above. This rule can be found in your Rennie hand guide. To replace your copy if lost please contact your management office. Thank you and have a good day.

Scarlett

OMG!   That looks just like my son's hamster Lucky!  I didn't know she was posing for photo shoots when we're not home!  LOL.
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

holierthanthou

Did anyone happen to notice that the article was in fact about COLORADO RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL and not Pittsburgh? :o

There are so many blatant errors in this article it is not worth reading.  They did not check their facts.  ???
(ie Michael Sheridan did not get replaced due to being a rennie.  Michael played Captain Jack for too many years and needed a break.  He gave his notice at the end of last season.  Oh and he lives in Colorado.)

This is just backlash from the article in 2008.

Do both festivals have issues? Yes.  Are we run by the same people?  Yes.  Do they read the boards? Yes.

Posting a negative "article" about your sister faire is considered acceptable to you.  OK.  Makes me sad.
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Demetrius

That is a cute hamster-  :)  If it weren't censored then we'd have two that can speak!   ;)
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Lord Censorship Hamster on August 27, 2009, 11:02:46 AM
We're sorry, the comment you made was deemed to negative. Please refrain from sharing your opinions if they do not meet the standard happiness rating of 5 or above. This rule can be found in your Rennie hand guide. To replace your copy if lost please contact your management office. Thank you and have a good day.

Just out of curiosity, what is the range of the Happiness Scale?  Is 5 in the middle of the range or the top of the range?  How fast does my hamster have to run on the wheel to increase my rating on the scale, and for how long?  Is hamster happiness also addressed in the Rennie handbook, or is there a separate manual for that?
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Lord Censorship Hamster

Quote from: anne of oaktower on August 27, 2009, 06:31:37 PM

Just out of curiosity, what is the range of the Happiness Scale?  Is 5 in the middle of the range or the top of the range?  How fast does my hamster have to run on the wheel to increase my rating on the scale, and for how long?  Is hamster happiness also addressed in the Rennie handbook, or is there a separate manual for that?

The chart referring to the Happiness Scale can be found on page 10 of your hand guide. The scale is based on 1 to 10 as 1 hamster is far sadder than 10. Thus 10 is the happiest. As for increasing your ratings please refer to page 17. Rating can only be increased by constant praising of the faire not how fast your hamster runs. It is always important to keep your hamster happy. This can be accomplished by administering beer among other things. Please only allow small quantities at a time though or you may need to refer to page 27 about dealing with a drunk hamster.

Thank you for your inquiry. If you found this answer unacceptable please keep your negative comment to yourself. We do not care.

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Lord Censorship Hamster on August 27, 2009, 07:57:13 PM
Quote from: anne of oaktower on August 27, 2009, 06:31:37 PM

The chart referring to the Happiness Scale can be found on page 10 of your hand guide. The scale is based on 1 to 10 as 1 hamster is far sadder than 10. Thus 10 is the happiest. As for increasing your ratings please refer to page 17. Rating can only be increased by constant praising of the faire not how fast your hamster runs. It is always important to keep your hamster happy. This can be accomplished by administering beer among other things. Please only allow small quantities at a time though or you may need to refer to page 27 about dealing with a drunk hamster.

Thank you for your inquiry. If you found this answer unacceptable please keep your negative comment to yourself. We do not care.

Will wine be acceptable?  I find beer to have a negative effect on my head. LOL! 

aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Professor M

Quote from: Sadira on August 26, 2009, 07:54:55 AM
oh and I'm not trying to spread or infect negativity. Just found this funny contradiction and thought I would share. So before you get all tempered take a breathe and just laugh.
I find it funny too, Sadira.  "Ironic" would be a better word.  And I've never found it negative to show an article about the faire.  Maybe the writer is negative, but anyone who can't handle another's opinion should get out of show business.

Thank you so much for posting this link!
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis