News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

online garb shop

Started by Lady Christina de Pond, June 04, 2010, 03:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Christina de Pond

ok looking for a new bodice one that i might could wear in my mundane life and i found these two sites and wondered if anyone has purchased any garb from either of these two shops one is medievalcollectibles.com and the other site is renaissancemodel.com
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lady Renee Buchanan

renaissance model.com has the same clothes and same models as Sophie's Stitches, so I'm guessing it is the same vendor, just changed the name for the internet site.  The prices are exactly the same, too.  Steve had a couple of men's shirts from them.  They held up well for several years.

I don't know the other vendor at all.  But to me, this one looks more like costumes, not garb.

As for the bodices, I don't know about either vendor.  But you'd want to make sure there is enough boning in the bodice so it holds you up and doesn't wrinkle in the torso.  Sometimes, these kinds of volume vendors don't use the good boning and the bodices either tend to wrinkle or the boning pokes through.

If you're looking for an inexpensive but sturdy bodice (as opposed to custom, or Moresca or Pendragon), Odd Bodkin does a good job.  Right now, I don't see any on Ebay, and in her shop, they're showing from $89 up, but I purchased one several years ago on a "Best Offer" on Ebay and got it for $49.  It held up pretty well.  Then I lost weight and it got too big, so I sold it to a friend of mine, who is still wearing it and loves it.

If you are going to spend in the $100 range, then I'd recommend the Very Merry Seamstress.  Heather does great work.

If you want a perfect bodice to your measurements, custom by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted is what I'd recommend.

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Christina de Pond

thanks for the info renee i will check out your suggestions
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Delireus

I absolutely love Damsel in this Dress on etsy. I have 2 bodices of hers, but since they're the only ones I own, I might be a bit bias towards her. At the Oklahoma Renfest this year, I saw so many women wearing her designs, but each one was so unique. She had a shop there and while she has some cool stuff on her site, I never imagined the variety she traveled with! My cheapest I got was 55$ and another was about 100$ all in all with shipping, not a bad price for the quality I think. Both were waist cinchers. My current obsession is her pirate coat bodice.

Her site
http://www.etsy.com/shop/damselinthisdress
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is