News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

For Us Plane Lovers

Started by Capt. Bacardi, May 21, 2009, 02:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. Bacardi

BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

NoBill Lurker

Quote from: BubbleWright on November 10, 2010, 04:50:44 AM
Top 10 lowest flybys...

http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=19448*

The number 1 fly-by is freaking awesome!  ;D
If you look closely at the beginning of the run you see a very upset seagull...lol  :o  ;)
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Hospitaller

Glad to see this topic revived since I am no longer flying (commercial licence). the little jewel below is a 1943 Stinson V77 Gullwing we did a full restoration on around 10 years ago. You just HAVE to love the sound a big radial engine makes as it chugs along......

Lady Christina de Pond

Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Capt. Bacardi

Forgot Muffin had this on her cell phone.

BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Hospitaller on November 11, 2010, 02:39:24 PM
Glad to see this topic revived since I am no longer flying (commercial licence). the little jewel below is a 1943 Stinson V77 Gullwing we did a full restoration on around 10 years ago. You just HAVE to love the sound a big radial engine makes as it chugs along......

There is nothing in the world like the sound of a radial...  I wasn't a pilot, tho' my dad and one brother both were, and all three of us were members of the Confederate Air Force, now Commemorative Air Force. Spent a bit of time up close and personal to a lot of vintage aircraft.  JEEZ! I just realized that was 30 years ago! 
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

dbaldock

There was a white Bi-Plane flying over Galveston for a few minutes last Saturday morning when I was down on the island for Dickens on The Strand.  It passed out of sight behind some buildings before I could shoot any pictures.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Lady Christina de Pond

i see bi planes all the time around here several people at our dinky rinky airport have them they fly all around here. ofcourse i'm also somehow in the flight path of the c130s too
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Noble Dreg

Quote from: Hospitaller on November 11, 2010, 02:39:24 PM

Hey Hospitaller...You have any other pics of this one???  I'm building one with a 120" wingspan and love the colors, something a little different.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Hospitaller

Dreg,

I have a few shots. Will look for then and post this weekend from the home comp.  We were in KS at Thanksgiving picking some of my stuf whcih was stored in that hanger. the plane hasn't been touched since I left three years ago and is in sore need of a wash and to be taken out for a flight. My father is 80 now and refuses to sell the plane even though he can barely get to the airport now. Darn shame after all that work to see it sitting...... >:( :'(

Noble Dreg

If it was mine I wouldn't give it up either!

Thanks for the pics.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Morgan Dreadlocke

R/C dynamic soaring speed record.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaQB16ZaNI4&feature=player_embedded
This video is over a year old. I hear the record has been bumped up to well over 400 MPH!
My intentions are to commandeer a venue, sail to Tortuga, then pick, strum and otherwise play me weasily black guts out.