News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Does anybody know...

Started by Lord Dragonspyre, November 13, 2008, 04:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dragonspyre

... off the top of their heads, how much the 2008 collectible TRF steins cost?
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

Lady Ann of Draycott

The unlidded ones are 40 or 45 and the lidded ones are 60 or 65 I think?  Somewhere around there...I bought two of the lidded ones but can't remember how much they were...didn't really matter to me...just handed over the credit card and signed away!  ;)

Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Sir Martin

Hey LD - Lady Ann was very close.   :)  Here is the price list for the Official 2008 TRF Collectibles:

Tankards

The Royal Guardians       $38.00
The Royal Guardians w/deluxe lid   $61.00

Shot Glasses

Henry VIII   clear/blue   $5.00
The Royal Guardians     $15.00

Coffee Mug

Royal Guardians   $17.50

Koozies

red or blue     $4.00

These prices were good as of a few weeks ago, but are subject to change.  I spoke last weekend with Dakota (the artist who designed the tankards and T-shirts), and she said the lidded tankards were going a bit faster than expected and could possibly sell out this coming weekend.  If that is the one you want, I'd get it as soon as possible (or have someone pick one up for you).  There is a possibility that they might even cost more than they did on opening weekend.  I remember the 2003 tankard sold out quickly and the price increased during the 5th or 6th weekend that year.

The Royal Guardians is a short story written by Dakota that is the theme of this year's designs.  If you can take a couple people to The Dragonslayer with you, you can probably get her to perform it for you (the story takes about 4-5 minutes to tell).  Dakota is very animated and engaging ... you get a personal performance inside the souvenir shoppe.   :)

Lady Ann of Draycott

The story is definately worth hearing!!! I highly recommend you take the time to ask her to tell you the story. Dakota is an excellent story teller!!!  ;D
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Son of Ugly

Quote from: Lady Ann of Draycott on November 14, 2008, 08:21:19 AM
The story is definately worth hearing!!! I highly recommend you take the time to ask her to tell you the story. Dakota is an excellent story teller!!!  ;D

Absolutely!  I've actually been lucky enough to hear it twice this year.  She tells it with such passion!  Dakota is one multi-talented lady and you can definitely tell that she loves what she does. 

Here's a shot I took of her telling the tale of the Royal Guardians as a fellow waits to have his recently purchased tankard signed.  (he stood there like that almost the entire time)