News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Rendevous 2009 @ MDRF

Started by Scotsman, September 04, 2008, 10:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dallan

It was an incredible weekend. Thanks to all who visited and helped host the weekend. It was great to meet so many people.
Fight'n

Blue66669

Just as it was an honor being guarded by you... thanks a million to you, as well as Local 42 for making this wayward TX Wench feel welcome!
Blaidd Drwg

mehan

Yes, absolutely incredible.  Thank you one and all for all your hard work, Scotsman, Lady Guiness, Lady Joyce Ann, Lady Glorianna  you Marylandites are beyond belief!

Athena

A huge thank you to all our hosts who did such a fabulous job, especially with the tailgate! You guys rock!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Dallan

We got up earlier to set up for MDRF tailgate than we do for our Baltimore Ravens tailgates but it was well worth it.
Fight'n

Lord Dragonspyre

I had an absolute blast.

Despite some misadventures and hiccups along the way, there's very little I would change about this past weekend.
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

William of Ware

Hi , Wanted to add my thanks for a FANTASTIC weekend.   To those of you in MD, thanks for making me feel at home !!  And it was GREAT to meet everyone from R/F.  I hope to be a little more active. :)
William of Ware
Ren Merc 616
6JR81  Jolly Roger DX Group

Zoë

Quote from: William of Ware on September 09, 2009, 04:39:54 PM
Hi , Wanted to add my thanks for a FANTASTIC weekend.   To those of you in MD, thanks for making me feel at home !!  And it was GREAT to meet everyone from R/F.  I hope to be a little more active. :)

You're stuck now!  You'll have to be a regular poster from now on....;)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Quiet One

Thank You! to Scotsman and Lady Guinness, Lady Joyce Ann and all the others involved in making this past weekend happen. 

What a way to experience a new (to me) faire for the first time!  It is definately a beautiful and magical place.  I am looking forward to returning in the future.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

Lady Nicolette

Thank you to all who made this possible!  You are now in the very unique place of having planned and executed (in the very best possible way, of course) a RenDevous. 

In my case, it was almost a "ZenDevous," with the travel difficulties presented me on Friday, but nonetheless, I was there and it made the time with all of you even sweeter, with the potential for it not having occurred at all.  Meeting so many of you that I'd known through the forums here, some for years, was particularly lovely.  And of course, the reunion of those that I've come to enjoy the company of from TN or parts hither and yon was most enjoyable.  I'm not even going to name names, you know who you are.

The biggest surprise for me was being made an honorary M'Crack.  An incredibly sweet thing to do, whoever cooked that one up.  I'm flattered and honored.  And now also known as "Nickel'n."

The tailgates were awesome!  On Saturday we made our own parade with the RF.com banner from the entryway all the way to the White Hart, Sunday we were treated to a bubble-fest provided by our own Bubblewright and his fantastic bubble machine.  Monday, we slept in but came in time to send Scotsman off to pick up his son, returning from Afghanistan...They came back a few hours later, a true testament to what a wonderful Faire this is that this young man wanted this to be the first place to visit once he got back home. 

There really is so much more.  Again my sincere thanks to those who put this together for all of us and made us all feel so welcome! 

"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Count Adolfo

ok, so I'm late
what else is new?
it's not my fault, I may have been drinkin'

it was an amazing weekend and it made me miss Faire even more...
huzzah and thanks for all the hard work that I know it took to make this weekend seem so... wonderful

iain robb

Please allow me to add my note of appreciation for all who helped make this wonderful event possible.

My wife, Julie, and I had a wonderful time, and I don't think we could have asked for a better way to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary.

Thank you for all the planning and advance work that went into the weekend.

Thank you to all who participated.

And thank you all for making us feel like part of a big family. There were even those relatives you hope to see only at reunions -- what a thoughtful, thorough detail!

Count Adolfo

Huzzah and happy 29th to the two of you!!
Wish we'd known... we could have put something together...

Steev

Crazy time.  Glad to see some of you at the tailgate- what a turnout.  Sorry I didn't catch many of you inside- I had my kids in tow and for some reason they didn't want to hang out in the taverns (where I most often saw faces I recognized- esp. the M'Cracks...).

Perhaps catch some of you on another weekend (especially you, Lumpy!)

Born too late.  But not too late for faires.