News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Bay Area Ren Fest Auditions

Started by Madge Estes, November 02, 2009, 11:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madge Estes

Auditions for the 2010 Bay Area Renaissance Festival will be held on Satuday, November 21 and Saturday, December 12 from 9am until 1pm at the festival site.  Auditions for Chess Match will be held at the same time as general cast auditions.  However, one must be a part of general cast in order to participate in Chess Match.

We are scheduling two audition dates to accomodate those who will be involved in other shows on either date.  You do not need to attend both dates.

Please wear comfortable clothing that is easy to move in.  Costume for auditions is not necessary.  Auditions will consist of improv games.  We are looking for people of all types to fill the village, who are creative, eager to play and who can follow direction.  Headshots and resumes will be accepted but are not required.

Please helpspred the word!
Live so your dreams recognize you.

Squire Mickey

Madge,

I have passed the word on to a few very interested folk. One especially I think you will be most impressed with!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Jessi

I would love to work at the faire, but I am not ready for character work. I just attended my first faire in march. I don't even have garb yet. So how do I get a job with a vendor or in a pub? I see the Help Wanted/Looking for Work sections here. Would the ticket booth/food server/pub jobs be listed in the paper closer to faire time? Does someone here know? Thanks.
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

Madge Estes

Quote from: Squire Mickey on November 04, 2009, 10:25:36 AM
Madge,

I have passed the word on to a few very interested folk. One especially I think you will be most impressed with!

Thanks, luv!

Madge Estes

Quote from: jmitchell05 on November 06, 2009, 07:01:05 PM
I would love to work at the faire, but I am not ready for character work. I just attended my first faire in march. I don't even have garb yet. So how do I get a job with a vendor or in a pub? I see the Help Wanted/Looking for Work sections here. Would the ticket booth/food server/pub jobs be listed in the paper closer to faire time? Does someone here know? Thanks.

I'm sure they will be, and we will make a note of it here when we find out.  Additionally, you can follow BARF on FaceBook.  THey will probably post something there as well.

calien

Quote from: Madge Estes on November 02, 2009, 11:02:51 PM
Auditions for the 2010 Bay Area Renaissance Festival will be held on Satuday, November 21 and Saturday, December 12 from 9am until 1pm at the festival site.  Auditions for Chess Match will be held at the same time as general cast auditions.  However, one must be a part of general cast in order to participate in Chess Match.

We are scheduling two audition dates to accomodate those who will be involved in other shows on either date.  You do not need to attend both dates.

Please wear comfortable clothing that is easy to move in.  Costume for auditions is not necessary.  Auditions will consist of improv games.  We are looking for people of all types to fill the village, who are creative, eager to play and who can follow direction.  Headshots and resumes will be accepted but are not required.

Please helpspred the word!
Iit

Ohhh  Dear is that  time again ........isnt it ...........

Manown

Ohh, I'm excited!  I'm pretty sure I can do it this year... it's been far too long, far toooo long!

charminggoats

What are the commitment requirements and rehearsal schedule for the season? I really want to audition this year but I want to make sure I can arrange my work and school schedule before I go.

Emily_Anne

Quote from: charminggoats on December 08, 2009, 11:58:14 AM
What are the commitment requirements and rehearsal schedule for the season? I really want to audition this year but I want to make sure I can arrange my work and school schedule before I go.

i agree. i am very excited about BARF this year. I have attended many many festivals and I have always wanted to participate in the joy and excitement.  ;D my manager knows that i am trying out, and i would just like to give them a heads-up on what rehearsals and commitments are like. thanks in advance  ;D

Squire Mickey

Break a leg to all of you auditionors...

Looking forward to seeing you all in just a few more months!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Count Adolfo

I am with Mickey
Huzzah to all of you who got roles and parts.
Break a leg... anyone still auditioning
See you at the pub... anyone not going out

;D