News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Does your shire have a name

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, January 29, 2010, 11:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We will be visiting in 2 weeks (Valentine's Weekend).  Does your shire have a name other than ARF?  Does it reside in any certain period?

Grammercy :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Comte de Gilbert

It is known as Fairhaven and is set in the 16th century Europe...Our cast predominately play English (a good reason for us to be French so we stand out). At some point I recall seeing a spacific year for the setting, but for the life of me I cannot find it, although we are not wholely historical.
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Apolonia

The full name is "Fairhaven-upon-the-dryford"; saw it on a broadsheet when I was out there today. I don't recall the exact period, though.

Norfolk

I KNEW THAT!  (Smacks self smartly in center of forehead.)
Just call me "Your Grace"

GemArtist

Quote from: Apolonia on January 29, 2010, 09:13:17 PM
The full name is "Fairhaven-upon-the-dryford"; saw it on a broadsheet when I was out there today.

When we were coming up with names for the Faire that is the one that Jeff (the producer) picked to be the official name, but I still think of it as "Penny-on-the-Farthing" which was always my favorite.
Epaul - Gem Artist
Gryphon Song Gems
Celtic Carved Gems & Jewelry
Signet Rings & Desk Seals
AZRF Booth 316
KRF

Torstein the Berserkr

I keep seeing all these references to Fairhaven being set in the 16th century, though I could of swore that the village year was 1492.
Let the berserks rise again
Let the world hear these words once more
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen

VIII

Wasn't Fairhaven the home of "The Mighty Heroes" of cartoon fame?  ;)
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy