News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening weekend weather

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, June 09, 2008, 10:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

So those who plan on visiting our Fine Colorado faire on opening weekend, the weather people on all the local channels are calling for 84 degree temp in the Denver Metro area.

Since the faire is about 30+ minutes south and located in a wee bit higher elevation, I would expect in the high 70's to low 80's. This sounds like perfect weather at this time for the faire.

BUT this being Colorado and such, the weather people are usually wrong 75% of the time especially that far in advance.

Lets hope that the are in the 25% right for the weekend
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Francisco Paula

If you check out www.weatherchannel.com and look up larkspur you can look it up and they are saying 76 for both saturday and sunday. But as pointed out the weather people are about 75 percent correct on a good day.

Hope to see you all there.

Sir Garath

Tanda

I want it be just like this weekend...except maybe no hail.  :)
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Zoë

Usually the first few weekends are pretty nice, if not a bit chilly sometimes.  It's once we get into late June and early July that we start to get those nasty afternoon storms.  Yeesh.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Blushing

I'm hoping for downright cool temps for at least ONE weekend ... just so I can wear my new gartb without killing myself ...
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

One of the coldest days I went to fair was a Saturday opening weekend. It rained and I froze. I was horrified to see all the little babies out that day. As a grown up freezing is bad, but a child?

I think that was about 7 or 8 years ago,
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

We had some really chilly days about 2 seasons ago (06).  That was an awful season, it rained so much!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I remember thatyear well as I hung out in the Half Moon store and kept warm in a wool jacket they make. I ended up buying it and still have it. That thing sheds water like a duck and is warm. I have since given it to my boyfriend, but he doesn't like it as it fit's his shoulders all wrong.
"The Metal Maiden"

Adriana Rose

The first year that I worked at Fair it was a freaky year! It rained every day for almost the whole show! It was sooooo cold that year!

Demetrius

I have a special weather hamster named Hamster who performs a ritual one weekend before faire that determines good weather or bad for the season.

This weekend all signs pointed to good weather. 
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Kit

Let's hear it for Hamster! WhoooHooo!

Princess Alice

Quote from: pirate_zoe on June 09, 2008, 03:36:52 PM
We had some really chilly days about 2 seasons ago (06).  That was an awful season, it rained so much!

I absolutely froze that season once...towards the end, I was stomping grapes and we had hot water to warm up in.
Real Men Eat Fish.

damsel58

They're calling for mid-eighties and clear clear clear. Bring your sunblock!

Can't wait for tomorrow. Haven't been in a few years so I'm looking forward to seeing how things are now.

Saber

They are calling for high 80's and clear skies... bring your parka and snow-boots