News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Entertainment schedule

Started by moose, June 19, 2011, 01:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

Does anyone know when the entertainment schedule for the 2011 season will be posted on the faire website?  ??? When I e-mail them, the e-mail bounces back to me undelivered. My e-mail is jj5099@aol.com. Thank you.

Lady Amy of York

Hi Moose,
  Is there a certain act at Sterling that you were interested in seeing ? I know quite a few of the acts from last season will be returning for  this  season.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

moose

Nope - I want the whole grid listing as usual.

MMario

A lot of times the schedule isn't set until a week or so before opening....they've only been in rehearsals a week

moose

I did "talk" to Barby Holder the other day, and sadly, she informed me that she wasn't returning because of the "budget". One my friends and favorite performers will not be there this season - what a shame.

Ozium

Darn, thats 2 or should i say 3 folks not returning this year, Jay and Abby the Harper and the Minstrel
are not back this year either.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

irish

:(  well hell....what the heck?? :-\
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: irish on June 24, 2011, 10:57:06 PM
:(  well hell....what the heck?? :-\

i second that comment. They will be missed.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Sir Douglas of Waterbury

Hello every one sorry for not checking in sooner. Its been every busy off season. As you can all understand I hope, Sterling has struggled with the economy along with every one else. In an effort to keep things moving and to attract old customers back occasionally and to keep the show fresh for our steady customers Sterling will be mixing things up each year by bringing in some new entertainment for full and partial runs each year. At the same time keeping 90% of the same acts we all know and love there will be an annual rotation and most of the acts may be asked occasionally to take a partial or full sabbatical. This will be healthy for the entertainer and the festival but most importantly healthy for the general customer base. I want you all to know that I consider all of the entertainers and all of you my good friends and I hope you will understand when we need to work in this rotation strategy. (ALL!) will be returning in the future. I will miss them as much as anyone. Thanks for understanding. DW

moose

In perusing the entertainers lineup, I also noticed that Zoltan the Adquate is not returing this year, and also another season without Paolo Garbanzo, and Manolete! What's up with that??? ???

irish

well, Sir Douglas.....I surely understand your reasoning behind the entertainment schedule. It is good to get a new 'taste', so the Patron, does not have that 'staleness', at faire.
I know I said wth, lol, but I am glad you took the time to explain.
See you, soon!
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)