News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

For next year Thanksgiving weekend

Started by LadyStitch, December 19, 2014, 09:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

Next year the PP and I plan to go for a day trip over Thanksgiving weekend.   The plan is for him to wear a special out fit I made him.  My concern is that he might distract from anything special the kingdom is doing.  I plan on doing a period christmas themed dress with matching fur cape to wear.

Would what he is wearing below be a distraction? He gives out candy canes to kids,( with parents permission). 

It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

ravic

doubt he'll be a distraction in the middle of 30K people

Merlin the Elder

I don't know how TRF is about such things, but I do know that some faires do not permit handing things out like that, if you aren't cast. Just be sure to clear it with management.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

LadyStitch

If he can't hand out the candy canes it isn't a big deal, but I know that TRF does a big Celtic Christmas and I 'think' they have a father christmas so we don't want step on any toes.

Trillium

I love the outfit!!  It is gorgeous!!  Don't know if it would distract from staff anymore than any other fabulous outfits out there do.  As for handing out things, many magical personas have a little something for the kids that approach them.  I usually have a pouch of goodies, especially when in my fae mode.  If you aren't asking for money, I don't see an issue with it.
Got faerie dust?

LadyStitch

Nope when at faire we don't ask for anything other than to see happy kiddos :) (or and adults too.  I swear we get as many photo ops with adults as kids)

LadyJessica

There are several others that come out as Father Christmas as well so I don't think it'd be an issue...and as way of the candy canes...Riot and I have always handed out candy at Halloween so I don't think that would be an issue either.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Terre Albert

We welcome all beautiful and well crafted costumes at TRF.  Don't accept tips or do anything that would be mistaken as playing for hat.  Can't wait to see you next year. 

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Damn... now i know what you look like, Terre!  I was standing right next to you, at one point, AHE! 

*Now i can track you down...hee hee hee*
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God