News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My Twig the Fairy project.

Started by NugBlazer, July 28, 2010, 06:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NugBlazer

Thanks for voting, folks!  :D

Deadbishop, I don't wanna give away my secret spots, so I'm gonna keep it vague.  Some were shot in Afton State Park.  Some were shot in a local Minneapolis park.  Some were shot in a local garden.  Some were shot in a large prarie reserve up by Rogers, Minnesota.  Some were shot in a local St. Paul park.  I scouted all of these locations and many others (one that I scouted but didn't use was the Louisville Swamp, right next to Faire grounds) ahead of time.  A freakin LOT of time and energy went into finding the right locations.  Then, of course, even more (lots more) time and energy went into actually shooting and editing these.  (Twig and I were up at 3:30AM sometimes in order to make it to our location by sunrise.)

So:  yep, all of these were done within an hour's drive of downtown Minneapolis.  Who says that ain't great natural spots in and around the city?  ;)
Well met!  Shall we commence a Safety Meeting at once?

saphire_glade

They are all gorgoues... I especially love the butterfly in her hand... just how long did you have to sit there and wait for that to happen? *curios, I sat for over an hour in a butterfuly exhibit in the zoo and only one butterfuly came near me... then proceeded to land on my brother*

I guess I will head over to her page and vote.

The one over the water is the best to me *with her lying on the log*... it has a wonderful sense of magic with the fog and motion of the water *I imagine this was one of those 3am days*... and that is just the kind of place you might find a fairy... I might be biased though being a water faerie and all.. :P but it is a great shot and it would look fantastic any place you put it.
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

annarundel

4 5 6 13

Your pictures are really nice.  My favorites are 4,5 6 and 13.

Will be at the Fair the first weekend in September and hope to see the pictures in person.  Where will they be located?

JJames

Very nice work indeed! You have an exceptional talent, and of course Twig appears, w/o a doubt, to be a very beautiful subject :).

winterland

Very nice pics.
Like your name also.  ;D