News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hurricane Gustav

Started by Fly'n Penny, September 01, 2008, 10:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fly'n Penny

Hey folks, hate to barge in like this, but has anyone heard from Capt. Sin?  I was wondering if he had to evacuate from Louisiana, and if so, where he and his family went to.

Thanks,
Mikey McAlister
Fly'n Penny
Oidhre Léir of Clan Byrne, of the Irish Penny Brigade
Quartermaster of the HMS Foggy Dirge
IFoRP #1297
Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy #27

*Teach*

I called him yesterday.
He and Willa stayed. He is a fire captain and they are bunkered down at the station. I haven't checked with him today because I figure they already have their hands full.
They were as prepared as anyone can be and so probably weathered it all ok.
The eye of the storm went pretty close to their home though so keep them in your thoughts and prayers until we hear they are ok.

*Gustav prolly didn't even make them spill their rum I bet.*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Fly'n Penny

I'm willing to bet that he was actually laughing at the storm and saying, "Is that all ya got?"
Fly'n Penny
Oidhre Léir of Clan Byrne, of the Irish Penny Brigade
Quartermaster of the HMS Foggy Dirge
IFoRP #1297
Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy #27

tigerlilly

I just hope he didn't bump his head...  ;D

Sir William Marcus

Sir Martin is another that was in the path. I do know he was fine and was helping to evacuate family a couple days prior to Gustav landfall. 

I wish you well brother and hope Gustav is kinder to you than Katrina & Rita was

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

*Teach*

Capt Sin just called me. No real damage worse than some limbs and such for anyone in the BS crew. They are without power for now but are just staying in the RV with the generator and just fine.
In his words, they have coffee and Harry potter on TV and are just hanging out.

*Told ya not even a drop of rum would spill!*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Yrose

Quote from: tigerlilly on September 02, 2008, 10:47:49 AM
I just hope he didn't bump his head...  ;D

If he's staying in the RV there might be a DING!
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Sir Martin

Quote from: Sir William Marcus on September 02, 2008, 11:11:09 AM
Sir Martin is another that was in the path. I do know he was fine and was helping to evacuate family a couple days prior to Gustav landfall. 

I wish you well brother and hope Gustav is kinder to you than Katrina & Rita was

We are all fine.  Gustav did little, if any damage to southeast Texas ... we just left because we have a couple people in the family with health issues who cannot be without a pharmacy or electricity (for medical machinery) for very long.  All is well and we are praying that our neighbors in Louisiana recover as quickly as possible from the damage they received.

jamvidman

Gustav was just a "blow hard", spent the time in Gulfport Ms....  Having Flash-Backs to Katrina... But all in all...  about 11ft storm surge, gusts up to 75mph, and lots of rain....  Power in some areas came back by Monday night... 

Returning from there however...  Little fuel or power through La.  Finally found fuel with about 1 & 1/2 Gal. left in the tank...  Close....

Gustav was no Katrina or even Dolly....

From the Eye or Close....
Don 8)

brier patch charlie

We got a lot of rain here in Ar. , it went right up the middle some power was out in parts of Little Rock. But Ive bigger rain storms in March than that. Gustav was sooooo over blown.
Charles Coleman