News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

We Beat out the State Faire!!!!

Started by lilaney, October 01, 2008, 08:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilaney

Guess what?! Guess What?!

The Dallas Observer put out its 'Best of Dallas' List, and Scarborough Ren Fest was picked
Best Festival!!

http://www.dallasobserver.com/bestOf/index/
We are in the Culture Section.

I am so giddy, this is wonderful!!

http://www.dallasobserver.com/bestof/2008/award/best-festival-1098886/
Best Festival
Scarborough Renaissance Festival
http://www.scarboroughrenfest.com

Technology, shmechnology. Bluetooth, Blu-ray, blah, blah, blah. Toys are terrific and gadgets are great, but these modern times can turn tiresome. A litany of life's simpler pleasures is but a stone's throw down Interstate 35 where another dimension awaits. Troubles melt and tempers tame as you cross the border into a time gone by at Scarborough Renaissance Festival. Located in historic Waxahachie, this seasonal Renaissance-themed fest is based on the year 1533 during the reign of Tudor monarch Henry VIII. Visit 200 "shoppes" featuring handmade wares, take in a demonstration of glassblowing, blacksmithing or candlemaking, catch three full-combat jousts each day, watch a winged falcon overhead or mingle with "Queen Anne Boleyn." Full-bodied food is a favorite feature, and more than 20 tons of the festival's famous giant turkey legs are devoured annually, along with more than 60 other hearty foods that comprise the culinary adventure at this quaint 35-acre "village." And when the throat becomes parched, convey yourself to one of seven pubs and taverns and hoist a pint with a kindly innkeeper or, better yet, a lusty wench. What ho!

Wait, wait, wait... Hoist a Lusty Wench?! They spelled it wrong!!  :)

BrokenArts

Hey that is really a nice surprise.  I could not agree more with the sentiment of "these modern times can turn tiresome".  Good for Scarborough too!

I haven't been to the State fair in years, don't plan on it, its REALLY expensive, and especially these days with the economy.  I'll be curious to see if attendance will drop.

Ottheinrich

Quote from: lilaney on October 01, 2008, 08:37:17 AM
Guess what?! Guess What?!

The Dallas Observer put out its 'Best of Dallas' List, and Scarborough Ren Fest was picked
Best Festival!!

You didn't even give me a chance to guess  ;D

BrokenArts

Got the tickets all set to go.  Received the first email of the year about Screams.  Looking good!  LOT of new updates, new sit down place to eat.  Looks like a lot of good improvements.  Can't wait to see them!

Anyone decorating for Halloween yet?  I'm almost done.  Spiders are crawling all over the house.  Along with a few other goodies too.  ;D

Nicolas-Antoine

Quote from: BrokenArts on October 01, 2008, 08:40:07 PM
Got the tickets all set to go.  Received the first email of the year about Screams.  Looking good!  LOT of new updates, new sit down place to eat.  Looks like a lot of good improvements.  Can't wait to see them!

Anyone decorating for Halloween yet?  I'm almost done.  Spiders are crawling all over the house.  Along with a few other goodies too.  ;D

Wait - you're only suppose to have spiders crawling all over the house just at halloween? Hmmmm... maybe it is time I called in a maid service.

BrokenArts

LOL, that bad huh?  Aren't they considered friends?  Mine are.

I'd need an exterminator for my house, since the smallest one is a foot across, they get bigger from there.  :o  They can stay.  I'm going to take pictures when I am fully finished.  Working on the graveyard right now.

mieljolie

"If you want to live and strive. let a spider run alive" - Don't know where this came from, but it's good to live by.  :)

We have jumping spiders for pets all around our house.  They keep out the other more dangerous spiders/annoying insects.  Have to when you live in the sticks by a insect-ridden lake.  :(

"There's no place like faire...*click, click, click*...There's no place like faire...*click, click, click*...There's no place like faire...*click, click, click*...".  Darn it! Not working!  Must try new pair of shoes.
Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85