News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fairy Weekend camping

Started by Amaya, October 12, 2008, 10:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaya

After reading some of the things said about opening weekend camping, my group has raised concerns over the time of our arrival on Friday (around 2-4pm) and ending up next to some non-rennies or the general rave crowd. I know that last weekend was opening weekend and so statistically alot more crowded than other times.. but should we be worried about this weekend as well and send someone down early on Friday?

Elnarii

Our bad experience was precipitated by arrival after 10pm... I think you'll be in much better shape at 2-4 pm, but I'd wait for word from the more experienced...

Seriously, though... whatever your setup, I'd wager taking some posts and some sort of tape to mark off your campsite is a good idea if you're not part of one of those large groups... the tire rut where my dear step-daughter's pillow inside her tent had been prior to my husband's quick reaction to spotting trouble coming scared the heck out of me... i've decided to join up with mclotofus if they'll have me... and if that doesn't work out for some odd reason... some sort of tape markers will be in order... and the site of ravers will see me uprooting camp... no matter how much of a pain that might be... unless, of course, we are in mclotofus area... :)

KeeperoftheBar

McLotofus takes everyone, even me and StudMuffin.  Warning, be prepared to eat well as Zaubon gets offended if you don't.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Macintyre

Zaubon won't be there to cook this coming weekend, and if you're looking for a good place to camp, yes us at Mclotufus will be glad to have you over.  we're at row's 8 and 9.