News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hidden in the cellar............................

Started by DonaCatalina, May 16, 2008, 11:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyneve

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on May 16, 2008, 01:39:17 PM
A well stocked wine cellar...I don't think they have mead cellars.

Ummmm....we've got a mead cellar!   ;D
I cannot believe in a God who does not Dance -Freidrich Nietzsche
The curve is more powerful than the Sword  -Mae West

Tipsy Gypsy

"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Neophyte

Rare works of art that disappeared from Europe during WWII.

Jimmy Hoffa.

Hydroponic supplies. :o

Royal Taster Of The Scotch
Peep Sniper
Castleteer
Teer

Hoowil

Quote from: Nyneve on May 21, 2008, 02:14:40 PM
Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on May 16, 2008, 01:39:17 PM
A well stocked wine cellar...I don't think they have mead cellars.

Ummmm....we've got a mead cellar!   ;D

#417 on my to-do list: build mead cabinet.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

DonaCatalina

There are quite a few historic Inns in The United States that still retain secret spaces . There are various reasons for their existence; from shelter during war to smuggling. Try visiting some and see what you discover.
http://www.iloveinns.com/historictreasures.htm
Travelers can explore this secret architecture in bed and breakfasts at inns in Massachusetts, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Illinois. These and other inns are also featured in a Secret Tunnels, Secret Rooms and Secret Staircases section of a number of B&B publications by American Historic Inns.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Drake Starsong

I'd imagine I'd find a fake furnace which when the hatch was opened would reveal a secret passage...

Anyone who likes Abbot & Costello are probably slapping  there foreheads right now :D
Yo ho Yo ho!

Neophyte

Quote from: DonaCatalina on May 22, 2008, 06:43:41 AM
There are quite a few historic Inns in The United States that still retain secret spaces . There are various reasons for their existence; from shelter during war to smuggling. Try visiting some and see what you discover.
http://www.iloveinns.com/historictreasures.htm
Travelers can explore this secret architecture in bed and breakfasts at inns in Massachusetts, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Illinois. These and other inns are also featured in a Secret Tunnels, Secret Rooms and Secret Staircases section of a number of B&B publications by American Historic Inns.

The Seelbach Hotel in Louisville has a secret tunnel running out of their famous restaraunt and lounge, The Oak Room. It was used to bring in booze during prohibition and as an escape route for Al Capone during the same time. It was one of his favorite hotels.
Royal Taster Of The Scotch
Peep Sniper
Castleteer
Teer

Welsh Wench

An old diary with the last date of April 18, 1777 and it would read,
'I can hear the cannons across the river. and the battle rage into the night. The Hessians are near and I don't know how much longer I can hide.  May God have mer....'

And there it ends.
No more entries. 

Then you try to find out who she was and what happened to her.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

ElderBlack

Quote from: Welsh Wench on May 22, 2008, 04:09:58 PM
An old diary with the last date of April 18, 1777 and it would read,
'I can hear the cannons across the river. and the battle rage into the night. The Hessians are near and I don't know how much longer I can hide.  May God have mer....'

And there it ends.
No more entries. 

Then you try to find out who she was and what happened to her.

Then you notice the unique handwriting and then the only other things in the room are a pair of........................ BOOTS! Not just any ordinary pair of Boots, but extravagantly well made and tooled Leather Boots... (Reminiscent of our Welsh Wench-style Boots!)
This is for women too, but every once in a while I must run some water through it....