News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ithilien Ranger

Started by Squire Mickey, December 09, 2009, 10:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manwariel

Quote from: Squire Mickey on December 28, 2009, 05:38:30 PM

I owe you some thanks as well. You gave me the measurements of your  yoke a while back and it was just what I needed to get my measurements right.

Oh, haha, so that was you. You're welcome!

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Squire Mickey

Well we finished the company and made our first appearance! Let me know what you all think!

Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Anna Iram

You all look great. Well done!  :)

Manwariel

Splendid! I do suggest giving your clothes, especially the leather, a more worn look (you can find plenty of aging techniques online) if you're going for authenticity. It looks too shiny and new to think you'd been rangering in it :) Distressing the cloak hem would also help. But otherwise the costumes look great. Very nice job.

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Manwariel on February 08, 2010, 08:13:11 PM
Splendid! I do suggest giving your clothes, especially the leather, a more worn look (you can find plenty of aging techniques online) if you're going for authenticity. It looks too shiny and new to think you'd been rangering in it :) Distressing the cloak hem would also help. But otherwise the costumes look great. Very nice job.

You make an excellent point! It does all look quite new (as it is  :P). Truly though if we are going to go for movie accuracrey you are very correct.

The hem on my cloak is indeed quite distressed, but the other 2 are not. The other green cloak is actually quite beautiful and I doubt my friend would be interested in distressing it too much (an I cant really blame him). We may just have to spin that a bit with our story line  8)
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Elinor Hakebourne

Perhaps it's clothing recently purchased/created (as it is in real life?)? Perhaps your characters needed better disguise from certain folk, and tis why your clothing looks so new ;) (Just a few thoughts.)

But wonderful job with the garb, though! :) Very imposing!

Ken

That's some good looking garb, I do say!  I was always intrigued by Captain Faramir and his Rangers of Ithilien from Professor Tolkien's books, and I remember at one point during my youth making an outfit of my own.  The mask I came up with was different, though.  It fit completely over my head and eyes, leaving my nose and mouth exposed.  Never got any photos of it, though.  That was something like...25 years ago at least!  I've recently thought about creating a Northern Ranger outfit, one of the Grey Company.  I'd have to shave my beard to do it properly, though, and my wife hates that.

Anyway, I hope to see you and your Ranger Company out and about at a faire one day!

~Ken
"Mom, Dad...I'm Gaelic."
As never seen in Renaissance Magazine.

Squire Mickey

We will be out as the White Company this Sunday at BARF
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

DragonWing

You all look great.  Good job.  ;)
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

iain robb

It looked great in person this weekend at BARF. I was very envious, and when you unfurled the banners at the drum circle at the end of the day, I felt like everyone should be shouting for Gondor.

Squire Mickey

It kills me that I missed that Rob! Damn booth vending!

Here are some great shots of McFukker and Hector. Hopefully someone got a shot of the brief time we where all together!

And to show we where not the only Gondorians there...
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Elennare

My (infrequently updated) costume blog: http://manufactorumbrandis.wordpress.com/

Ambrosine

Those pictures ROCK! Great job to you and the photographer whoever he/she may have been for those first 3 pics
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger