News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

camping road this weekend

Started by rengypsy, December 10, 2009, 10:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

ok, here is what i am told for this weekend.

the road through the campgrounds the contractors are putting in is local red clay-gravel that is prevalent throughout the area on county roads.

the contractorswill still be working on the road this weekend.  they will be dumping, leveling, and rolling the road.  it is my understanding because of the material, folk cannot drive on it until it sets up...thus access to the camp grounds will be by way of foot.  the old fashion way.  

apologies.

we just had too much rain.

mike pullen and i will be meeting with the contractor saturday to plan out a bit of the camping area fof the general camping grounds.

if any of the clan camping area chairs need gravel, i would suggest yall talk to the contractor independently...as he has his equipment on the grounds and has his own gravel pit -- thus, you can probably get the materials and work done in your campsite relatively inexpensive.

PLEASE NOTE:  camping for this weekend will be in the meadow--adjacent to the faire grounds--not effected by work the contractor is doing in the patron campgrounds.

rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with