Author Topic: Slightly off topic but curious  (Read 1580 times)

Offline isabelladangelo

• True R/F.com Member
    • All the Pretty Dresses
Slightly off topic but curious
« on: March 16, 2010, 05:37:24 AM »
Why is the MDRF listed as in the "northeast"?   Although I know all the yankees invaded and never left, Maryland is below the Mason-Dixon line.    ;)  Shouldn't it be part of the southeast since that's where it is considered to be geographically?

In other news:   Does anyone know what's up with the MDRF official website?   I've tried to access it for about a week and it's pretty much a blank page.   It looks like someone had a bit too much fun with some sort of HTML/XML generator and never went back to fix it -instead, they just deleted everything other than the graphics!

Offline isabelladangelo

• True R/F.com Member
    • All the Pretty Dresses
Re: Slightly off topic but curious
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 02:02:36 PM »
It looks like someone fixed the site today.  Woohoo!   Although the map that showed the layout of the faire is no longer up.    :(

Offline Amras Elfwine

• True R/F.com Member
  • The Lord of the Squirrels, Bodhrani'
    • www.facebook.com/kevin.arrington1
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »
Speaking as a native Floridian who is now a Marylander, MDRF is right where it should be...

Then again, in Florida, we thought of Atlanta as being "way up north"...

Cheers!!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Offline daniel paul

• R/F.com Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 02:21:35 PM »
well my guess would be sine everything from DC to boston is refered to by business folk as "the north east corridor" could be a reason for that description. just a guess tho.

Web hosting provided by www.RangeHosting.us