News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

An Ode to Scarborough Faire 2010

Started by Al-Nimer, April 17, 2010, 10:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al-Nimer

Our 9YO daughter wrote this poem yesterday and she wanted to share it with everyone who loves Scarby!

I walk in, See all the faces
Smiles everywhere
People playing instruments
there's laughter in the air
Accent talking, dressing up
People even duel
No electrics, No TV
Wow, this place is cool

I open up the program
Sun shining over me
While I just sit there reading
There's Arsene, Stonehenj, Cast in Bronze, Human chess match too
You can just sit there watching
I'm watching Fool Hearty and they say "Hey, how 'bout you!"
I walk up there blushing

I go to a store
see what they got
I'm walking around looking
We walk around
See people in costumes
Things are going great
I see some wooden swords
I buy my favorite one
I know that it won't break

Walking around
Look, here comes Twig!
She give me a stone
Twig plays a song
Do Do Do Do
I think I'm in the zone!

The Human Chess match
What a sight!
White and Black sides fighting
Who will win?
Who will lose?
Man, this is getting exciting!

I smell the food
it smells so good
I think I'll have a snack
My mother buys a turkey leg
It tastes so good
But now I have to go back

Oh what a day!
New sights and smells
I have good memories too
I won't be sad
Cause I'll be back,
And I'll get something new
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Lady Kett

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Queen Bonnie

Very well done! Your Daughter has talent! Huzzah! I enjoyed it!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Merlin

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

LadyStitch

It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Al-Nimer

Ryk Rakham

Excellent poem young lady!!!! Keep writing! She summed up Faire wonderfully.....if we all remember to see the Faire as if through the eyes of a child (and indeed see life that way) we will always see the wonder and amazement before us, and never notice any flaws. Thank you again m'lady! Oh, what a day!
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Nicolas-Antoine

I think we should find a way where she can read this to King Henry and Queen Anne. And even have her read it at Scottish Court to Queen Margaret.

Your Grace

1st Duke of Somerset

Al-Nimer

Quote from: Nicolas-Antoine on April 19, 2010, 10:07:24 AM
I think we should find a way where she can read this to King Henry and Queen Anne. And even have her read it at Scottish Court to Queen Margaret.
That's a great idea Nic!  I'll ask her how she would feel about that...she's kind of shy in public.

VIII

Quote from: Nicolas-Antoine on April 19, 2010, 10:07:24 AMI think we should find a way where she can read this to King Henry and Queen Anne. And even have her read it at Scottish Court to Queen Margaret.

Well I've just read it, and if the author will present herself, and she is somewhat shy, I'll read it aloud myself!
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

SirRichardBear

I know Queen Margaret loves having children at court see one of her secretary or just ask one of the ladies at court. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Al-Nimer

Quote from: VIII on April 19, 2010, 12:01:30 PM
Quote from: Nicolas-Antoine on April 19, 2010, 10:07:24 AMI think we should find a way where she can read this to King Henry and Queen Anne. And even have her read it at Scottish Court to Queen Margaret.

Well I've just read it, and if the author will present herself, and she is somewhat shy, I'll read it aloud myself!
Huzzah!  That would work, too, and what an honor either way!  I'll give her both options, and if you can just let me or cowgrrl know when & where to meet up with Your Majesties, we'll be there!  This Sat we'll have my parents with us, and I know they would love to see & hear it if you can fit it into your busy schedule  ;D

Quote from: SirRichardBear on April 19, 2010, 12:29:31 PM
I know Queen Margaret loves having children at court see one of her secretary or just ask one of the ladies at court. 
I guess we'll just have to ask one of them as well!  Who is Queen Margaret's secretary?

SirRichardBear

The Countness of Tyrone and The Lady Maggie.  Any Scots standing around before court can direct you.  Normally you can find Lady Maggie near the front gate at openning cannon with the Lady Fifi and Lady Roxborogh just look for the group of Scots standing on the right side of the hill in front of the grab rental shop.

You can get with me before parade in the back and I'll show you who to talk with.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin